Web
Analytics
Hello from Suffolk! | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hello from Suffolk!

UrbexSuffolk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello all,

My name is Sam, I am a member of a small group who are starting out in Urbex related exploration based in Suffolk.
I'm ex military and enjoy finding forgotten places and the intriguing tales they tell.
We have already been to a few explore's and are quite well equipped for night exploration; though we are looking forward to doing one in the daytime soon.
We would like to make friends, find new places in and around Suffolk and surrounding areas, and generally have fun!

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
28DL Full Member
Welcome to the site!

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report:

There’s tonnes out there, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!

UrbexSuffolk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you!
We are also in bury st edmunds.
What are your thoughts on the Royal Observer Corps bunkers around here? I know they're not overly interesting but I find the history fascinating.

stoff urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
you mean ROC posts mate, yes ive done them , some burnt out , some back filled by farmers but yes there is a few untouched post in suffolk if you know where to find them

UrbexSuffolk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
you mean ROC posts mate, yes ive done them , some burnt out , some back filled by farmers but yes there is a few untouched post in suffolk if you know where to find them
Yeah, that's them. Interesting, I may have to do some more digging and see what's out there.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Hello mate. I grew up in Sudbury but now based in Birmingham. Its well worth a trip to HMS Ganges or the remains of Tolly Cobbold. Theres also a fair few places closing down in the area this year so keep your eyes open!

UrbexSuffolk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello mate. I grew up in Sudbury but now based in Birmingham. Its well worth a trip to HMS Ganges or the remains of Tolly Cobbold. Theres also a fair few places closing down in the area this year so keep your eyes open!
Hello!
That's cool, one of our group is from there.
Sad to see the Sudbury Uplands middle school has been demolished, would have liked to seen that place.
I've heard a little about HMS Ganges but have concerns as I heard there's active security there. Perhaps its still worth the risk though.
Thanks for the insight; I will definitely be looking about for more places.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Yeh. I missed the middle schools. Also kind of missed the two hospitals in thier prime which pissed me off a bit. Both now flats..

Ganges does have a guard but it's quite a bit site so not hard to avoid him. You will have to contend with much worse at most places nowerdays.