real time web analytics
Report - - Helmut Lotze - Lower Saxony, Germany, Oct 2012 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Helmut Lotze - Lower Saxony, Germany, Oct 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ric

темний Прип'ять
28DL Full Member
desteel-0733.jpg

Hi Guys, a long time since i've posted a report which wasnt from Chernobyl or Pripyat so i thought id try getting back into the swing of things, a tools factory was the subject of my return to derp.

Only a little bit of history is all i've managed to find on this place:

HELMUT LOTZE Machine Tools GmbH, The company is in the production, trade and distribution, as well as maintenance, repair and construction of sheet metal working machines, especially press brakes, shears, folding machines, sheet metal processing centers and automation systems, as well as the implementation of other sheet metal work.

It would appear that the site closed down in 1995 or there abouts, part of the site is still in use, but the factory floor and offices are fairly abandoned.

I headed into the offices first, not expecting much i didnt take my tripod so the images are a little noisy:

desteel-0743.jpg

desteel-0742.jpg

desteel-0741.jpg

After a few pictures from the offices and pictures around the place i started getting excited wondering if all the machinary would still be on the shop floor, but alas it was not meant to be.

Entrance into the factory floor was a PITA but it eventually happened, only later to find the other end of the factory was wide open, bah.

desteel-0747.jpg

desteel-0748.jpg

A little boiler room provided some pipe relief.

desteel-0754.jpg

desteel-0755.jpg

desteel-0757.jpg

There were plenty of drawing boards around the small offices next to the shop floor, after all this is Germany, there are plans and regulations to be followed

desteel-0760.jpg

desteel-0761.jpg

Finally the shop floor, no masses of machinary as i'd previously hoped, however there were a few heavy duty bench lathes (i think) around

desteel-0762.jpg

desteel-0763.jpg

And the most random item of this little site:

desteel-0772.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the read, thanks.

Ric

темний Прип'ять
28DL Full Member
Had a revisit to this place this weekend this CmrCord, a few more pics of bits i missed before:

desteel-1428.jpg

Washroom

desteel-1433.jpg

desteel-1439.jpg

Entrance to a furnace

desteel-1441.jpg

desteel-1445.jpg

desteel-1455.jpg

Drawing cabinets​

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details