real time web analytics
Help with new Headtorch | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Help with new Headtorch

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

stevey83

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Im in the market for a new headtorch, something i will mainly use for night walks in the mountains.

Armytek Wizard Pro V3

Ive seen this recommended, but am a bit put off by the charger, its not like a generic usb b charger and if its breaks/fails im going to be stuck.

Any other recommendations? Dont mind if its a fixed light and non removable.

chills

Queller of the uprising
Im in the market for a new headtorch, something i will mainly use for night walks in the mountains.

Please refer to this guide:

Mr.Gobsy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Black diamond spot 325. Runs on 3 x AAA batteries, has variable light settings & white/red light, flood & spot functions, a good elasticated strap that's easy to adjust and is water resistant. It can last unto 8hours (see 6 realistically) and the replacement batteries are easy to get hold of & carry with you.

Go-outdoors web shop link

Personally I'd always use a disposable battery head torch over a integrated/usb charged torch as the battery life degrades with time. I use an O light M2R warrior torch with a head torch as an emergency backup or for when I need both hands free.

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User

Armytek Wizard Pro V3

Ive seen this recommended, but am a bit put off by the charger, its not like a generic usb b charger and if its breaks/fails im going to be stuck.

Any other recommendations? Dont mind if its a fixed light and non removable.

Hi Mate.

It's not a generic charger no, so if you lose it you won't be able to use the in build charging.
However you can just get a 18650 charger and take out the batteries and charge them in that. Take a few 18650s with you in your bag as spares and swap them out as you go. It takes standard 18650 unprotected batteries.

I've just updating my Torch Buying guide, so check out that for some more recommendations.

stevey83

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Mate.

It's not a generic charger no, so if you lose it you won't be able to use the in build charging.
However you can just get a 18650 charger and take out the batteries and charge them in that. Take a few 18650s with you in your bag as spares and swap them out as you go. It takes standard 18650 unprotected batteries.

I've just updating my Torch Buying guide, so check out that for some more recommendations.

I used your guide and with the recommendation bought the
Armytek Wizard Pro Nichia

. Absolutely love it! the low power modes give plenty of light, and ive bought a 18650 charger to charge a few spares!