Web
Analytics
Help with new spots in bath/Bristol | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Help with new spots in bath/Bristol

Obeybeccam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone! I’ve just joined this sight in search for some new buildings. I’ve been into urban exploring since 2016 and as I’ve been doing it have only found a couple of spots. I’m in the bath area but as I haven’t found any here I mainly go to spots in bristol and even Swindon. If anyone could help me out in finding some new spots id be really grateful as I’m trying to do some filming and I think my old spots have either been put up for sale or have plans to be demolished. Thanks for any help! Becca x

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
to be honest, once you've explored the couple of derelict buildings your local area has to offer then you need to start looking to travel further afield to find anything decent that you haven't done. If you expect a constant flow of locations in a specific area then you will be massively disappointed.

Also its not the 'done thing' to ask for locations or access especially when you've only just joined. You need to post reports and gain respect before anyone is likely to share any info with you.

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bath and Bristol are amazing places architecturally and if your interested in photography like me then it’s great for that

Obeybeccam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
to be honest, once you've explored the couple of derelict buildings your local area has to offer then you need to start looking to travel further afield to find anything decent that you haven't done. If you expect a constant flow of locations in a specific area then you will be massively disappointed.

Also its not the 'done thing' to ask for locations or access especially when you've only just joined. You need to post reports and gain respect before anyone is likely to share any info with you.
So it’s not okay for people to message me then we both share locations like is that bad? I don’t quite understand how?

Obeybeccam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If youve been doing this for two years, post up some of your explores and you'll be into some new locations very quickly.

If on the other hand you're just fishing for some new places to do you video shoots then you're SOL.
I definitely will I mean a couple have already been posted here like the care home in almondsbury and the pool in speedwell and the care home in Swindon but I’ll still post them up. I think by far the coolest I’ve seen is an abandoned golf hotel in Lanzarote in playa Blanca. I’ll post them up when I’ve got time!

Obeybeccam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bath and Bristol are amazing places architecturally and if your interested in photography like me then it’s great for that
I live in bath so I see all the spots every day. They’re boring to me I’ve seen them every day for 18 years

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
What he means is, people post places for you to go all the time. All you have to do is search the forum and see what's out there. In return you post reports of places you've been to so other people can visit.

Posting threads asking for places to go is a bit tedious for everyone else as the website is basically a list of places to go. Asking for more won't get you anything you can't already see.

I would suggest you've just been to most places in your area.. there's not much in the way of derelict buildings in a affluant area like Bath/Bristol..

crusader

28DL New Member
28DL Full Member
So it’s not okay for people to message me then we both share locations like is that bad? I don’t quite understand how?
That's not quite what we meant- by all means put up an email address and arrange it through that- but making your first post 'How do I get in there' 'Can someone show me what's in my area' isn't really keeping with the spirit of the forum. The emphasis has always been (since I joined) on giving and receiving info. Anyway welcome along Becca- show us what explores you've done then we'll take it forward from there :thumb

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What he means is, people post places for you to go all the time. All you have to do is search the forum and see what's out there. In return you post reports of places you've been to so other people can visit.

Posting threads asking for places to go is a bit tedious for everyone else as the website is basically a list of places to go. Asking for more won't get you anything you can't already see.

I would suggest you've just been to most places in your area.. there's not much in the way of derelict buildings in a affluant area like Bath/Bristol..
True about the last bit because I’d rather do photography in bath because it’s got so much architecture and a cathedral

Obeybeccam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

What I meant by it was like if people want to message me and share locations and I share mine with them that’s cool. I didn’t mean it in a bad way don’t gang up on me for asking for locations it’s just a question if people don’t wanna talk about them then that’s fine but if you don’t ask though you don’t get.

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What I meant by it was like if people want to message me and share locations and I share mine with them that’s cool. I didn’t mean it in a bad way don’t gang up on me for asking for locations it’s just a question if people don’t wanna talk about them then that’s fine but if you don’t ask though you don’t get.
That’s true and I wouldn’t gang up on u

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
No ones ganging up on you we're just pointing out that straight up asking for locations on the public forum is not how its done; particularly if youre new. This is usually done by PM once you get to know people and they trust you. People will usually give out one of two very well known locations to see if you actually bother to go and have a look and then you'll probably get an invite from a known explorer to do something a bit more interesting. IF you get this chance take it as its the quickest way to get yourself trusted. Get some more reports up and maybe go to the socials (theres usually a couple in Bristol each year) and actually meet people face to face. This entire hobby is based around trust for obvious reasons and to trust people you need to meet them. It also stops all the armchair explorers and wannabes. Ive stopped offering to take keen newbies out because most of the time they dont show up or even bother messaging you to say they're not going to show up.

Since youre reasonably local I'd be quite happy to take you somewhere but I mainly do underground stuff and you seem to be more into topside.

Anyway good luck you get out of this hobby what you put into it.