real time web analytics
General - - Help With Raising Awareness of Bradford's Culverted Becks | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Help With Raising Awareness of Bradford's Culverted Becks

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rob2CV

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm a member of the Friends of Bradford's Becks (FoBB).
FoBB strive to raise awareness of the plight of Bradford's Becks and to try help improve them. I have spent the past 10 years observing reporting and investigating pollution in Bradford. I have learned much about the culverted parts from the great Bradford Beck threads posted here.
We are involved with a project to document the industrial history of the Bradford. Much of this is to do with the textile industry which was the source of Bradford's wealth and rapid growth in the 19th century. Gross pollution of Bradford Beck was one of the costs. I'm sorry to say that the indifference towards the beck that this created still goes on today.
We are planning to build an interactive map showing the old courses of the Becks before they were culverted. It would be wonderful to be able to incorporate some of the photos taken by members here into the map. This is an idea that has been inspired by the brilliant Hidden Manchester Map.

If you have posted about Bradford and are able and willing to help with locating photos then please do get in touch!
Many thanks
(-:

Rob2CV

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Esoteric Eric,
Many thanks for getting the ball rolling with this!
(-:

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Enjoyed the drains Bradford offered please feel free to use any of my pics for your research :thumb

Rob2CV

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
jezzyboo,
Many thanks for your kind offer. I'm glad that the bowels of Bradford gave satisfaction!
Do you think that you would be able to locate your photos on a map?

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
jezzyboo,
Many thanks for your kind offer. I'm glad that the bowels of Bradford gave satisfaction!
Do you think that you would be able to locate your photos on a map?
yes i think so its hard to tell exactly where you are underground as the system does not always follow roads etc where we entered or exited or where we came to an open air section i have tried to pinpoint the nearest road on my reports , hope this helps