Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Hemel Hempstead Civic Center building | Leads, Rumours and News... | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Hemel Hempstead Civic Center building

Ex-Pat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, Id be up for that mate :thumb Like I said in PM theres a small but interesting bunker under that I wouldn't mind seeing :D
I remember that bunker very well having been called in on various emergency situations. Last I heard was that it was totally striped out. Plans where talked about using it for a CCTV control room but I think they fell through.
Somewhere I still have my access card for the car park and the outside door.

troglodyte

Cave Dweller
Regular User
I remember that bunker very well having been called in on various emergency situations. Last I heard was that it was totally striped out. Plans where talked about using it for a CCTV control room but I think they fell through.
Dig it out :thumb

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I am definitely keeping my eye on this little chesnut living in the town! Will keep everyone updated, its happening next summer and a Morrisons will be built on the site. There is also a bunker for the council officials underneath this centre, my friend works there, he will be keeping me updated :) When work starts I will definitely be up for a visit! ;)

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I hear it is stripped out as well and digging around on web the photographs back this up unfortunately.

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think the last time the emergency bunker was used was when Buncefield Oil Depot exploded. Here is a photograph.

9160116066_625e66aaa3_o.jpg

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm asking for permission to visit this. Who wants to go with? I'll be asking to go in and 'record' it. My photographer friend isn't available, so unless at least one photographer wants to come my request is going nowhere.

The Sub Brit report for what I think this bunker is is Subterranea Britannica: Sites: Dacorum Borough Council Emergency Centre . Is this the one you are talking about?
Yes that is 100% the one under the Civic Centre! I would gladly go with you, but don't have any fancy camera equipment so would be all done on my trusty HTC 8X which isn't too bad quality!

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Still going ahead as far as I know after speaking to my contact at the council in about 7months though.....August hurry up! I got sploring to do :) Great that this is right on my doorstep as I don't have transport which restricts things massively!!

Would be great to meet some of you guys and test out the new Nikon camera that's arriving this week, if anyone is up for it please PM me!

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
*UPDATE*

Morrisons who were going to purchase this site have now pulled out because they aren't allowed a petrol station on the development.

Civic centre might be staying after all :(

Will get clarification soon on if any other developments are planned on the site, not looking good for any Civic Centre Urbexing tho sadly.......