real time web analytics
Report - - Hertford ROC Post - Hertfordshire - April 2011 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hertford ROC Post - Hertfordshire - April 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Skyguy

28DL Member
28DL Member
I learnt about the existence of the Hertford (Bramfield) R.O.C post about a month ago and was really intrigued as I live nearby. I decided to visit the post today as I had a day off, and fine weather.

I found the compound without difficulty, but the hatch appeared to be locked. On closer examination it turned out that the extensive collection of padlocks was there for decoration only. Also a lump of metalwork - unconvincingly marked 'M.O.D' - did nothing to prevent access. No need for the T-handle key. Quite excited by this turn of events I headed down the access shaft...

Padlocks, padlocks, padlocks

HertfordBramfieldROCpost20April2011bySkyguy_1.jpg

MOD? Looks homemade to me....

HertfordBramfieldROCpost20April2011bySkyguy_2.jpg

Open sesame

HertfordBramfieldROCpost20April2011bySkyguy_3.jpg

So far, so good...

HertfordBramfieldROCpost20April2011bySkyguy_4.jpg

Gutted...

HertfordBramfieldROCpost20April2011bySkyguy_5.jpg

I was disappointed to find the monitoring room completely stripped of all fittings, only the carpet remaining. At least it was dry. And didn't smell too bad.

Thanks for reading. Hope this first report is of use or interest to anyone considering visiting this location. This was my first ROC post and locating the installation and clambering down, not being sure what to expect, was pretty cool. It's encouraged me to do some more adventurous exploring in the future.

GBspy007

28DL Member
28DL Member
The hatch is now locked in no way, but has a chain with weights hanging off it dangling from the hatch. It makes it nearly impossible to open. Between 3 of us we couldn't lift it high enough to get in but I reckon that 5 relatively strong people could remove it.