Web
Analytics
Hey From sunny Cornwall (random Matt) | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hey From sunny Cornwall (random Matt)

Random_Matt

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Everyone,

I have decided to sign up on here I need some inspiration on some new sites in devon and cornwall.

Yes I have youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChLy_sBKSfxBF4VShqdQz3A?view_as=subscriber
I have an interest in Urbex and Paranormal and often mix the two. Me and my Friend nick travel cornwall mainly looking at the old buildings we find taking only pictures and video and being respectful shame not everyone follows that rule but i guess its the world we live in. We have visited most places but unlike some will only visit places that are easy to find and clearly derelict me and nick often wonder how some places get found as most require you to walk up private drive ways and stuff something i won't do nor will i break in places well maybe climb a fence.

Now i am not ashamed of being an urban explorer i don't hide my face or sneak around in fact have recently given a police officer a tour of the Torrington dairy because they were looking for a car thief, Obviously i don't mind because i record everything from the moment i arrive to when i leave and can prove no intent or damage and therefore can't be prosecuted under criminal law (why i tend to only venture onto private land not Government owned)
anyway enough of me babbling on hi to everyone hope to meet some new friends, Colabs and get some new locations. i have attached my favourite pic from the Torrington Dairy

Take care and safe Exploring

Attachments

Yorrick

I call bullshit!
Regular User
Welcome to 28DL.

Have a read of these two threads, they'll show you how things work on the forum -

https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/new-members-dos-and-donts-read-this-before-posting.113090/

https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/28-days-later-survival-guide-for-newbies.116319/

...then put your location in the search bar and post some reports of places you've been so people know you're genuine, that way they're more likely to get in touch.

As for the paranormal... have you got anything to support this? Or anything anyone else has ever done to support this? It's just that in over 3500 threads on 28dl of Asylums and hospitals, you'd think that was the place that someone would have seen something if it was there.... but nothing...

Random_Matt

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the welcome me and Nick headed out last night and hit the Fistral bay Hotel in Newquay and the tall Trees hotel in Mavagissey Both very cool locations but on the top end of the danger scale due to weak floors and collapsed ceilings but still with some caution and knowing when not to push on forward was very interesting explores. As for the Paranormal I am a skeptic looking for it and not a believer just trying to find evidence
We do nearly all of our Explores at night and have also explored drakes island on my own at night and never seen or felt or heard anything that i couldn't explain but its an interesting subject and if your willing to open your mind and look at it deeper then you never know I don't believe when you die your mind just stops but at the same time that doesn't mean it becomes a ghostly being. but i keep an open mind to it all.

Adzitude

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You only want easy explores and think it's a positive you gave the police a tour round Torrington? I'm not sure if this is a wind up account

Random_Matt

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You only want easy explores and think it's a positive you gave the police a tour round Torrington? I'm not sure if this is a wind up account
Why would it not be a positive? I am not a criminal so have no issues with the police or helping them find a knob that goes and steals someones car and it gave me a good chance to see what take the law had on being on private property and why people would make such a big deal of doing it with such caution. I don't mind being seen or spotted because my intentions are good so those that sneak about must be hiding something?!? we all have opinions and views mine are very clear and yes my opinions wind people up but i don't really care! and the fact this post as upset you says a lot too!
I do what i do when i do it no-one will ever change that and i have no issue calling out little pricks that go urban exploring for the sole reason to steal or vandalise and i regularly do in my videos
This lifestyle or hobby or whatever you call it should be for everyone not just a select few and if your intentions are good why hide behind a mask? so instead of hiding behind a keyboard tell me why helping police is a bad thing? and i have done plenty or harder explores, I just have morals and don't think its right sneaking around the countryside looking up peoples lanes and driveways in the hope no one lives there in my OPINION!! thats dodgey and we are not all willing to do that and thats not a bad thing.

if you don't like how i do things and live my life you will one not be interested in my pages blogs and videos and two your make a great Prime minister maybe you could run for PM and take the Raines from knob head Johnson that likes to tell us how to live and whats best for us.

I will always stand by my thoughts and my morals and no-one can change that and i am sorry i don't conform to what you believe to be normal

Thanks for your comment and happy exploring!

Adzitude

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow..... Still not sure if this a wind up. You make a good point then follow it up by a really weird comment.

Showing the police around a location, if you think is fine, go ahead. The police are called so often to Torrington and I'm sure are getting bored of it, so thanks to you the next person to get caught there might not get such a 'friendly' response.

You talk about not wanting to go down driveways and paths that look deserted, just incase someone works or lives there. How do you think new locations are found, that are passed on to bottom feeders like you? If urbex was just people like you, the only locations that get explored would be abandoned buildings listed in a newspaper.

Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Welcome, whatever your views on the paranormal we're not really interested here as this is an exploring forum. We are interested in the location, the pics and the history; so stick with those and you'll be fine.