Web
Analytics
Hey! Looking for people familiar with Northampton... | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hey! Looking for people familiar with Northampton...

Henbane

28DL Member
28DL Member
Evening 28DL crew!

First-time caller and all that... I've been visiting this site on-and-off since it started around 2005 (cos I had a massive interest in photographing dilapidated buildings) but I've always been too scared to get properly involved in UrbanEx (ie break in), so never posted before...

Fear has cost me though as a building I loved for many reasons (the old Megabowl in St James' Retail Park in Northampton) is now gone forever... I had the opportunity to get photos inside before it was demolished years ago and I bottled it... which still haunts me! What I'm hoping is that someone on this site did it at the time and for whatever reason didn't report it...?!

The building was accessible and empty for years but eventually was demolished after a homeless person sadly died inside... anyway, if anyone has any pictures at all I would be so grateful! Any thoughts or memories about the place welcome too.

Peace

P.S. Below are some of my general shots from Northampton around 2005–taken just before I moved away to London... I appreciate the saturated sky and vignette is very 2005 :D I'm sure they're all covered with new build flats now.

chills

Queller of the uprising
Regular User
Evening 28DL crew!

First-time caller and all that... I've been visiting this site on-and-off since it started around 2005 (cos I had a massive interest in photographing dilapidated buildings) but I've always been too scared to get properly involved in UrbanEx (ie break in), so never posted before...

Fear has cost me though as a building I loved for many reasons (the old Megabowl in St James' Retail Park in Northampton) is now gone forever... I had the opportunity to get photos inside before it was demolished years ago and I bottled it... which still haunts me! What I'm hoping is that someone on this site did it at the time and for whatever reason didn't report it...?!

The building was accessible and empty for years but eventually was demolished after a homeless person sadly died inside... anyway, if anyone has any pictures at all I would be so grateful! Any thoughts or memories about the place welcome too.

Peace

P.S. Below are some of my general shots from Northampton around 2005–taken just before I moved away to London... I appreciate the saturated sky and vignette is very 2005 :D I'm sure they're all covered with new build flats now.

View attachment 934418

View attachment 934419

View attachment 934420

View attachment 934421
Welcome to the site!

Fear is all part of learning, sometimes you get a bad vibe and it’s better to follow that than take a risk. I will say Urban Exploring is not about breaking and entering. There’s some further posts across the site if you’re worried about that and criminality which may worth a read.

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report should you wish to:

There’s tonnes out there, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!

Henbane

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thanks for the reply… I do appreciate it’s not all about the breaking and entering. In this instance, no breaking would’ve been required.

You’re no doubt right about the bad vibes too… some fairly unsavoury stuff had been happening in the place in the years it was left to rot so there’s no telling what was inside.

But curiosity and regret are a potent mix! Would love to see inside the place but the internet is so crammed with content these days that anything more than 10-15 years old is lost in the ether.

Cheers anyway!