Web
Analytics
Heyo, Said The Northener in the South | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Heyo, Said The Northener in the South

TFSkeleton

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey Everyone,
I'm Skelly, Sam Whatever you wish to call me.
I've explored a handful of sites on my travels so far but still feel new to the game, previously it's always been I notice something i have a look, but now i'm getting the search and seek bug haha.
I'm an aircraft engineer who's primarily worked on vintage so that's my first love, but history and stories is what i ultimately do it for.
So far i've been in the Early Warning Bunker at Oban since my visit it has been renovated into a house.
History: This Bunker and Admin Hut was built by the MOD as a "central" Information Centre for the Whole of Orkney and Scotland's early warning system that came about during WW2 to combat the raids, it then later on in life got linked into EWS system during the cold war, in what capacity i still don't know. When i managed to view it it still had the WW2 era Map Table with half a dozen pieces (used to signify squadrons) on the table with the slider rack on the starboard wall of the room, the whole job of this rack was to have each sqn on a chalkboard slider and these where slid into slot along the rack to show either which sector they were patrolling or heading to or if they were in combat against which airfield. Unfortunately whilst I remember taking pictures i haven't been able to find them as of yet, this all took place around 2014, unfortunately 12 house moves later and about 8 HDD's later i'm still finding old stuff haha. This was the most notable one. my other's have been a mixture of churches and industrial buildings.

I'm now reasonably settled in Bournemouth/Portsmouth, in the South West Of England but enjoy the travel nearly as much as the destination, so if anything springs to mind, i'd happily welcome some inspiration.
As my title hints at, I'm not from the south, I was born in Scotland but have moved quite a few times with a lot of my growing up happening in North Yorkshire.

If you've read this thank you and have fun
TFS

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
Hi Skelly and welcome to the forum. Hope you manage to find those photos, epecially the industrial ones and upload some to the site.

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
28DL Full Member
Hey Everyone,
I'm Skelly, Sam Whatever you wish to call me.
I've explored a handful of sites on my travels so far but still feel new to the game, previously it's always been I notice something i have a look, but now i'm getting the search and seek bug haha.
I'm an aircraft engineer who's primarily worked on vintage so that's my first love, but history and stories is what i ultimately do it for.
So far i've been in the Early Warning Bunker at Oban since my visit it has been renovated into a house.
History: This Bunker and Admin Hut was built by the MOD as a "central" Information Centre for the Whole of Orkney and Scotland's early warning system that came about during WW2 to combat the raids, it then later on in life got linked into EWS system during the cold war, in what capacity i still don't know. When i managed to view it it still had the WW2 era Map Table with half a dozen pieces (used to signify squadrons) on the table with the slider rack on the starboard wall of the room, the whole job of this rack was to have each sqn on a chalkboard slider and these where slid into slot along the rack to show either which sector they were patrolling or heading to or if they were in combat against which airfield. Unfortunately whilst I remember taking pictures i haven't been able to find them as of yet, this all took place around 2014, unfortunately 12 house moves later and about 8 HDD's later i'm still finding old stuff haha. This was the most notable one. my other's have been a mixture of churches and industrial buildings.

I'm now reasonably settled in Bournemouth/Portsmouth, in the South West Of England but enjoy the travel nearly as much as the destination, so if anything springs to mind, i'd happily welcome some inspiration.
As my title hints at, I'm not from the south, I was born in Scotland but have moved quite a few times with a lot of my growing up happening in North Yorkshire.

If you've read this thank you and have fun
TFS
Welcome to the site!

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report:

There’s tonnes out there, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!