Web
Analytics
Hi everyone, really excited to finally have the time to start urban exploring | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hi everyone, really excited to finally have the time to start urban exploring

Allseeingeye

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I am new here and do not want to upset anyone or break any rules but am hoping for some advice about how to engage in urban exploring.

I have always had a deep obsession and love for exploring derelict places especially underground spots but never really had the time to do it. I currently have a lot of gear like photography equipment, torches, and other bits and would like to finally start exploring and documenting what I find.

I have a good walking buddy who also likes this stuff and just do not know where to begin, any tips on how to get involved, advice on staying safe and things to look out for?

Any equipment or photo equipment you would advise to bring for the journey too?

A few months back I built a night vision scope with an old gen 1 photo intensifier but it's huge and I do not think it will aid us in the journey.

But who knows

Thanks

Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Any questions just ask.

Allseeingeye

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Any questions just ask.
Cheers Oort, I have stumbled on a spot in my local area, I think I will go past there sometime next week and take photos, it has a lot of history and will likely be a better introduction and hopefully a better way to start connecting with like-minded others. The excitement of finally being able to travel this journey is truly out of this world, autism definitely helps fuel the obsession. Whenever I do stumble upon something, I find myself questioning my entire existence, looking at these empty places once full of life, really does help me mentally.

I love the unusual and underground stuff along with places I can learn more about photography, something is quite beautiful about these places. I am super pumped for this year, having worked the last few years to financially become stable, this year will be a year of exploration and journeying.

Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
OK, good for you, look forward to seeing some reports.