Web
Analytics
Hi from Buckinghamshire! Looking for people interested in urbex in my area! | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hi from Buckinghamshire! Looking for people interested in urbex in my area!

Ab1g4el

Mmm, the fresh smell of black mould
28DL Full Member
Hello! I'm 17 (18 soon) and I've always had a thing for urban exploration. I live in the country side so there are plenty of empty farm houses, pubs, industrial buildings in my area. I have done many explores alone before but I would love too find people in the area who would be willing to meet up and have a mooch round some Bando's with me!

I have an index of just under 100 sites that I have collected over 2-3 years. It is updated frequently (un-enterable deathtraps, demolished or no longer abandoned sites are removed). They are sites that I either have or am yet too visit (some are ones I have passed while travelling, or heard down the grape vine.) They range from huge military/industrial sights too small, unnamed residentials with no history. Some are tagged with assumed date of vacancy, history etc. but many of them do not have any easily discoverable history. I would be happy too share this index with people if they ask, but I won't post it publicly because I understand that it puts them at risk of vandalism! Also, I know 'cherry picking' is very rude but for the safety of the sites, I won't be sharing locations with people with no previous reports, posts or proof of genuine explores. This is a preventative measure too stop people from getting locations, going too them and absolutely decimating them. Even though I know this site is full of very nice respectful people, I still feel it would be the right thing to do :)

Be aware that some (not many) of said locations are 'suspect' abandoned I.E I cannot find any info on them but judging by their appearance or using google earths time travel feature too note any significant decay overtime, but there is always the chance that it could just be a poorly cared for location and is still active so take them with a pinch of salt! I am sharing this because I do not have the ability too travel too many of these locations as they are not in my area and I am busy with school, but I would love for other explorers who are more experienced than me to visit them because my god some of them are lovely! Some locations I can call off the top of my head include The gower (wales), Newquay (Cornwall, tbh Cornwall in general is teeming with sites), Taunton (Henlade), many many bucks and berks locations and many other welsh locations. Residential sites top any other sites in the index, so if you are a Residential fiend (as am I) this should be of interest to you!

But yeah, my main point of this post is to find people in bucks/berks who would be down too do a few explores with me and get some of the index ticked off with me/for me :)

chills

Queller of the uprising
Regular User
Hello! I'm 17 (18 soon) and I've always had a thing for urban exploration. I live in the country side so there are plenty of empty farm houses, pubs, industrial buildings in my area. I have done many explores alone before but I would love too find people in the area who would be willing to meet up and have a mooch round some Bando's with me!

I have an index of just under 100 sites that I have collected over 2-3 years. It is updated frequently (un-enterable deathtraps, demolished or no longer abandoned sites are removed). They are sites that I either have or am yet too visit (some are ones I have passed while travelling, or heard down the grape vine.) They range from huge military/industrial sights too small, unnamed residentials with no history. Some are tagged with assumed date of vacancy, history etc. but many of them do not have any easily discoverable history. I would be happy too share this index with people if they ask, but I won't post it publicly because I understand that it puts them at risk of vandalism! Also, I know 'cherry picking' is very rude but for the safety of the sites, I won't be sharing locations with people with no previous reports, posts or proof of genuine explores. This is a preventative measure too stop people from getting locations, going too them and absolutely decimating them. Even though I know this site is full of very nice respectful people, I still feel it would be the right thing to do :)

Be aware that some (not many) of said locations are 'suspect' abandoned I.E I cannot find any info on them but judging by their appearance or using google earths time travel feature too note any significant decay overtime, but there is always the chance that it could just be a poorly cared for location and is still active so take them with a pinch of salt! I am sharing this because I do not have the ability too travel too many of these locations as they are not in my area and I am busy with school, but I would love for other explorers who are more experienced than me to visit them because my god some of them are lovely! Some locations I can call off the top of my head include The gower (wales), Newquay (Cornwall, tbh Cornwall in general is teeming with sites), Taunton (Henlade), many many bucks and berks locations and many other welsh locations. Residential sites top any other sites in the index, so if you are a Residential fiend (as am I) this should be of interest to you!

But yeah, my main point of this post is to find people in bucks/berks who would be down too do a few explores with me and get some of the index ticked off with me/for me :)
Welcome to the site! And well, that was an extensive introduction that was repeated in the leads and rumours section. Anyway..

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report should you wish to:

Members may be dubious to meet up due to your current lack of contribution on the site, however I hope that can change if you have a catalogue of places to visit. I understand you may be unable to visit due to your current situation, but I’d personally advise sitting on your list until you can get round to things. If it’s mostly residential, it may not be worth the time in my opinion, but that’s sometimes how the game goes.

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!

Ab1g4el

28DL Full Member
Welcome to the site! And well, that was an extensive introduction that was repeated in the leads and rumours section. Anyway..

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report should you wish to:

Members may be dubious to meet up due to your current lack of contribution on the site, however I hope that can change if you have a catalogue of places to visit. I understand you may be unable to visit due to your current situation, but I’d personally advise sitting on your list until you can get round to things. If it’s mostly residential, it may not be worth the time in my opinion, but that’s sometimes how the game goes.

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!
Hello! I have a question, a while ago I posted a report and it was approved by admins and was up for maybe a few weeks, and then when I logged into my account it had essentially been purged (no message history, no pfp and no report). Did I do something too have it taken down?

chills

Queller of the uprising
Regular User
Hello! I have a question, a while ago I posted a report and it was approved by admins and was up for maybe a few weeks, and then when I logged into my account it had essentially been purged (no message history, no pfp and no report). Did I do something too have it taken down?
The only report I can see you posting is on Deans Farm, other than a post in the lead/rumour section on Woodland Farm.

Depends what it was on, it if residential it may have been removed if it didn’t meet criteria or it may not have met proper formatting guidelines for the site.

If that answers your question, great. If not, I can have a look into it a bit further for you.

Ab1g4el

28DL Full Member
The only report I can see you posting is on Deans Farm, other than a post in the lead/rumour section on Woodland Farm.

Depends what it was on, it if residential it may have been removed if it didn’t meet criteria or it may not have met proper formatting guidelines for the site.

If that answers your question, great. If not, I can have a look into it a bit further for you.
It was a report on a residential called the haven. Not sure if it didn't meet the criteria but I didn't have any messages/replies saying it didn't. Not too fussed really, revisited it recently so I'll just redo it haha. Thanks for the help anyway though mate!

Ab1g4el

28DL Full Member

Actually it just happened again. Would u mind having a look into why the reports keep getting removed?

tigger

mog
Regular User
Actually it just happened again. Would u mind having a look into why the reports keep getting removed?
Read the sticky post about residential reports again and consider whether your reports really meet the requirements. Another option for posting such sites would be as a short (two or three quality photos perhaps) post within the General Photos thread.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Welcome - it can seem a little rough around here for a new member but you'll get the hang of how things work out pretty quick, just don't take things being removed to heart too much. Things are a lot nicer and more receptive on here than they were ten+ years ago in the days of the fail bin.

I'm relatively local to you in Oxford although not a lot goes on around here.

Ab1g4el

28DL Full Member
Welcome - it can seem a little rough around here for a new member but you'll get the hang of how things work out pretty quick, just don't take things being removed to heart too much. Things are a lot nicer and more receptive on here than they were ten+ years ago in the days of the fail bin.

I'm relatively local to you in Oxford although not a lot goes on around here.
Appreciate the advice :) Same here, since it's all fields and woods where i am the most you get bando wise is a farm house or two and those weird random sheds found everywhere in the countryside haha

chills

Queller of the uprising
Regular User
It was a report on a residential called the haven. Not sure if it didn't meet the criteria but I didn't have any messages/replies saying it didn't. Not too fussed really, revisited it recently so I'll just redo it haha. Thanks for the help anyway though mate!
As has been said, your post probably didn’t meet requirements as detailed in this post:

Generally if posts are removed you wouldn’t be contacted as we have over 82,000 members and 46,000 threads separately that are monitored by a small team who have lives outside the forum :rolleyes: