Web
Analytics
Hi, Im Paul and live in Birmingham, looking for good people to hang with and go exploring :) | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hi, Im Paul and live in Birmingham, looking for good people to hang with and go exploring :)

Chappyski

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm originally from Stockport and have lived all over the country and abroad and I'd love to meet others to have adventures with.
I'm 46 years old and easy to get along with :)

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Come along to the big Birmingham meet on 9th March, you'll meet loads of us explorers.

Chappyski

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I would love to. At this moment I'm at the canal in sparkbrook, trying to find a way onto the blue bridge, to get on the side of the Railtracks.
Reason being was I was looking at google maps on satellite and, not far from the typhoo factory, if you look at the typhoo factory, there is what looks like an old Railtrack that is covered in bushes and trees. It ends, as if it has been either unfinished, or knocked down and my aim is to explore it. I may do it this morning, or another day...it would have a great view of the factory from there, if I can get through the bushes.

Looking at the map, it seems hard to get up onto those rail tracks, where there is a path to the side of them, but I think I've found a way onto the bridge from the canal, it's just the bridge has running trains over it, so I guess I need to time my crossing just after a train has crossed, as another one won't be right behind it that quickly.

When I get home to sparkbrook, I'll send images of what I mean, and if I do make it over there myself this morning, I'll take photos :)

It's 7.28am, so let's see where I get, if anywhere lol

Last edited:

Chappyski

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I made it onto the bridge, it wasn't as bad as I thought, once I got up here, just a few lines to cross after a train passed and you see both ways long distance. I'm taking photos as I go and will add map photos to show where I am...I'll keep this thread updated hehe...so I'm on the path to right of lines...

Last edited:

Chappyski

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oops, busted by rail workers in orange jackets, who said they would call transport police if I carried on along the path, so they let me out of a gate after I explained I was an urban explorer, taking photos and meant no harm to myself or others lol..I'll try again one day

Last edited:

Chappyski

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Best not to give details of stuff like this on a public forum, especially live. For all you know, the railway workers could have seen this and popped out to meet you.

I doubt they saw this,, they were just there getting out of vans for work in morning on other side of metal fence :p However, i understand what you mean and I'll be careful not to post live from now on, I just thought it be exciting to do so, since I'm new to site

Last edited:

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I doubt they saw this,, they were just there getting out of vans for work in morning on other side of metal fence :p However, i understand what you mean and I'll be careful not to post live from now on, I just thought it be exciting to do so, since I'm new to site
He's right, I've removed the other posts mate, railway stuff is taken a bit more seriously by the BTP so be careful what you get upto and also what you post on a publicly viewable forum if you get my drift :thumb

westernsultan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Think Chappyski this morning was trying to get onto the Duddleston unfinished railway viaduct – although it is actually in Digbeth. The unfinished end of the viaduct can be seen in Montague Street.

Several pictures on line [no pun intended] including https://flic.kr/p/8EqbnT and adjacent ones

The Bordesley Viaduct is joined by the Duddeston Viaduct which was built in 1846 to link the Oxford and London lines with the new station being built at New Street. However, when the Great Western Railway bought the Oxford line in 1848 and Snow Hill Station was opened, access to New Street was no longer needed and work on the almost completed Duddeston Viaduct was abandoned. Only a small part of the line near Bordesley Station was ever used and that as cattle sidings which still remain high above Upper Trinity Street. Some arches over roads have been demolished but most remain.

Last edited: