Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Hidden tunnel, Rochdale - Anyone interested? | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Hidden tunnel, Rochdale - Anyone interested?

Garyjayuk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey Guys
Quite a number of years ago in my youth, I came across a tunnel hidden behind some bushes near to Springfield Park in Rochdale.

I went back in the summer about two years ago and after a lot of searching I managed to find it again, but I wasn't dressed for the occasion. Now even though the tunnels start dry, it ends up going into some sort of other tunnel that has water in it.

There are what looks like what used to be a building foundation above the tunnels, but what ever was there is well gone.

Now, I don't want to go in on my own for obvious reasons, but I'm just wondering if there are any groups or just members who would be interested having a look when the weather isn't as bad as it is? It might be something or nothing, but I'm just curious...........

waveydave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey Guys
Quite a number of years ago in my youth, I came across a tunnel hidden behind some bushes near to Springfield Park in Rochdale.

I went back in the summer about two years ago and after a lot of searching I managed to find it again, but I wasn't dressed for the occasion. Now even though the tunnels start dry, it ends up going into some sort of other tunnel that has water in it.

There are what looks like what used to be a building foundation above the tunnels, but what ever was there is well gone.

Now, I don't want to go in on my own for obvious reasons, but I'm just wondering if there are any groups or just members who would be interested having a look when the weather isn't as bad as it is? It might be something or nothing, but I'm just curious...........
did you get a look in the tunnel? cant see anything on the old OS maps. Could it be connected with the old hospital? or what appear to be old sewage works? wouldnt mind a peek myself

Garyjayuk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry for the late reply guys...... I think it used to be part of an old mill which is no longer standing. However, you can see the building ground work above the tunnels. There is every possibility it could be connected to sewers I suppose, but I'm no expert.