real time web analytics
Hidden Wales (BBC 1 Wales) | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hidden Wales (BBC 1 Wales)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Best hour of TV I've watched in the last year or so. Stunning. Host Will Millard is ace.

Episode 1 "The North" including: The Resurgam submarine (off Rhyl), Dinorwig slate mine, Bryncir Manor, Trawsfynydd nuclear power station, Gwrych castle, Rhydymwyn mustard gas factory and Manod slate mine.

tigger

mog
Regular User
Just been round to my son's house so watched it on iplayer. Nothing 'new' but a well paced introduction to those places covered. The first quarry was Cwmorthin with Miles providing the explosive finale to Pred's histry spiel.

cunningcorgi

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Where exactly has he been though that people in the know in Wales have not been ?

I'm not been funny but the only place in the first two episode that Millward has been that either @Lenston or myself have not done, is the fort in the Haven. And @Landsker did that 5 years ago.

Flying a drone over Denbeigh or Talgarth is not cutting edge.

I find it amazing that for all he does, the elephant in the room is a Coal Mine. Wales is known for it. But he didn't do one (and won't do one in episode 3) because he couldn't get a fucker to take him down. Some things are worth more than a bit of exposure.

Great television but lets not kid ourselves here...Millard has not even scratched the 'hidden' in Wales...

Last edited:

UrbandonedTeam

the north
Regular User
Where exactly has he been though that people in the know in Wales have not been ?

I'm not been funny but the only place in the first two episode that Millward has been that either @Lenston or myself have not done, is the fort in the Haven. And @Landsker did that 5 years ago.

I find it amazing that for all he does, the elephant in the room is a Coal Mine. Wales is known for it. But he didn't do one (and won't do one in episode 3) because he couldn't get a fucker to take him down. Some things are worth more than a bit of exposure.

Great television but lets not kid ourselves here...Millard has not even scratched the 'hidden' in Wales...
Agreed, I’m primarily interested in those sites like Talgarth when he brings in someone who used to work there for example, as it’s interesting to hear their side in the past, rather than just him showing us the current interior/exterior as we’ve all seen countless times before.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Perhaps if there is a second series you should offer your services and advise him ;-)

I don't think the remit is to be some 'edgy' urban explorer wanting to discover long lost and really obscure places that no one knows about. More about letting people see places they wouldn't normally get the chance to see. And I think he's done that really well.

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
They did contact a few of us when they were researching both series but with them being tied to permission visits they were kind of limited.

Im not fussed on his way of presenting as he tends to dramatise everything but from what him hearing from some caving friends they are a good group of guys running the programme.

Last edited:

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Episode 3 (3 of 3) now up on iPlayer. It's cave-heavy but there's a really interesting visit to Cwm Coke works.

Who has read this thread (Total: 185) View details