Web
Analytics
Report - - High lines time capsule house, Surrey | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - High lines time capsule house, Surrey

TOC142009

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
High lines time capsule house

We set off on a rainy saturday morning along the M3 motorway in search of High Lines House which was owned by an elderly couple.

History...
I don't know the career of the wife but the husband was a neurology doctor and art student of Cambridge university.Sadly the wife passed away in 2009 from cancer and the husband went missing, rumours have it that he commit suicide.

The explore...
We snuck down the overgrown drive to be greeted by this beautiful house which nature is slowly reclaiming, we originally come across the out building which had a sledge type boat, an old tv and a few other things, we walked back on ourselves and saw an over grown set of stairs which lead to the back door/awning where there were many bottles, we climbed over the barn style kitchen door straight into the kitchen to be greeted by a very over crowded kitchen, little bags of pennies on the kitchen table, the wall paper from the ceiling had come down and was hanging in huge strips, all the cups were hanging on the dresser as if they'd just been placed there. We then walked through to the living room which again was strewn with all manner of vintage trinkets from an old set of binoculars to an exercise bike at the far end... the tv set and fire place were a particular favourite feature of the house for me. We then carefully made our way up the stairs to the corridor which had 2 main bedrooms with an upstairs study, seeing all the clothes hanging in the wardrobes and wedding photos made me feel really sad. These people were educated and in love which is easy to see from their photo's in the master bedroom. The second of the two bedrooms was in a sorry state there's water leaking from the roof and several big tubs put in place to gather water. We didn't venture to far into that room as the ceiling had started to fall from the downstairs. After spending roughly 45 mins here we made our way out of the house as quietly as possible so's not to rouse the neighbours. I turned back to snap a few pics of the building before leaving. I really enjoyed this explore and taking a look into the lives of these remarkable people and their history.... and now... the photo's enjoy!! :D

P.s this is my first proper report and is pic heavy. Please excuse the bad pictures which were captured on my samsung s10 and of course the cliche black and white pics.

Attachments

RXQueen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
omg the main bedroom has been more trashed, all that stuff is hiding a hole and i’m surprised it can hold that weight. also, and i have to laugh, the sideboard against the now boarded up old entry point. so much for being told the owner and the powers that be that it was being secured and made safe.

love this place

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
28DL Full Member
Nice first report, if I’m being picky some history is always a must but I know it’s hard on residential sites. You just need to include the month and year of the explore and a rough location in the title. Other than that, good job!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Always nice to see an update, its been thoughly gone through now though. Looks like some brass has gone from the fire surround already.

Johnjadyn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
High lines time capsule house

We set off on a rainy saturday morning along the M3 motorway in search of High Lines House which was owned by an elderly couple.

History...
I don't know the career of the wife but the husband was a neurology doctor and art student of Cambridge university.Sadly the wife passed away in 2009 from cancer and the husband went missing, rumours have it that he commit suicide.

The explore...
We snuck down the overgrown drive to be greeted by this beautiful house which nature is slowly reclaiming, we originally come across the out building which had a sledge type boat, an old tv and a few other things, we walked back on ourselves and saw an over grown set of stairs which lead to the back door/awning where there were many bottles, we climbed over the barn style kitchen door straight into the kitchen to be greeted by a very over crowded kitchen, little bags of pennies on the kitchen table, the wall paper from the ceiling had come down and was hanging in huge strips, all the cups were hanging on the dresser as if they'd just been placed there. We then walked through to the living room which again was strewn with all manner of vintage trinkets from an old set of binoculars to an exercise bike at the far end... the tv set and fire place were a particular favourite feature of the house for me. We then carefully made our way up the stairs to the corridor which had 2 main bedrooms with an upstairs study, seeing all the clothes hanging in the wardrobes and wedding photos made me feel really sad. These people were educated and in love which is easy to see from their photo's in the master bedroom. The second of the two bedrooms was in a sorry state there's water leaking from the roof and several big tubs put in place to gather water. We didn't venture to far into that room as the ceiling had started to fall from the downstairs. After spending roughly 45 mins here we made our way out of the house as quietly as possible so's not to rouse the neighbours. I turned back to snap a few pics of the building before leaving. I really enjoyed this explore and taking a look into the lives of these remarkable people and their history.... and now... the photo's enjoy!! :D

P.s this is my first proper report and is pic heavy. Please excuse the bad pictures which were captured on my samsung s10 and of course the cliche black and white pics.

View attachment 875977

View attachment 875978

View attachment 875979

View attachment 875980

View attachment 875981

View attachment 875982

View attachment 875983

View attachment 875984

View attachment 875985

View attachment 875986

View attachment 875987

View attachment 875988

View attachment 875989

View attachment 875990

View attachment 875991

View attachment 875992

View attachment 875993

View attachment 875994

View attachment 875995

View attachment 875996

View attachment 875997

View attachment 875998

View attachment 875999

View attachment 876000

View attachment 876001

View attachment 876002

View attachment 876003

View attachment 876005

View attachment 876006
The husband hasn’t committed suicide. He lives 3 doors up!! The house is part of a trust

Calamity Jane

Regular User
The husband hasn’t committed suicide. He lives 3 doors up!! The house is part of a trust
Interesting, what sort of trust? do they know its unsecure? and why did he leave so many belongings behind? im intrigued now

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Interesting, what sort of trust? do they know its unsecure? and why did he leave so many belongings behind? im intrigued now
I think the last post was removed & the poster was asked to come in for police questioning, apparently they are watching it pretty closely these days... U would think they would therefore secure it though!

Calamity Jane

Regular User
I think the last post was removed & the poster was asked to come in for police questioning, apparently they are watching it pretty closely these days... U would think they would therefore secure it though!
Thats awful once again, if its wide open, its not breaking & entering, civil trespass isn't a criminal matter either. So many more important sites could be secured and people harassed over, what a waste of police time & money.

TOC142009

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just curious how you know this? Its weird he'd leave the place full with such easy access.