real time web analytics
Report - - High Royds - West Yorkshire | 01/15 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - High Royds - West Yorkshire | 01/15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Awesome work fella's, out of interest is table or 'slab' at 12:40 in the video an old or secondary morgue? I know there was a Mortuary built on site (Don't know if it's still there) but quite curious as to what the use of that room was if anyone knows?

UrbexploreUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome work fella's, out of interest is table or 'slab' at 12:40 in the video an old or secondary morgue? I know there was a Mortuary built on site (Don't know if it's still there) but quite curious as to what the use of that room was if anyone knows?

Cheers, appreciate it! I'd assume it was some form of secondary/overflow morgue based on the drainage built into the floor (And the fact that the on-site mortuary has been demolished and it's slab has been relocated to a museum)? But I'm afraid we've been unable to find a floor plan that proves or disproves this so I can't guarantee it!

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member

That's an old meat storage room, I think.

The old mortuary building is still there but the table/slab from it, however, is in the Mental Health Museum at Wakefield.

Last edited:

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great to see this. I went for a nosey around the showhome a few weeks back and was told they're being as sympathetic as they can with the development. This door frame is original to the asylum...

2791C1E4-C8FD-43F7-9B13-121E696EA3BB_zpsmonvk8rt.jpg

DC97344B-4D61-4494-84D7-B857D4295631_zpslmvk7yoc.jpg

UrbexploreUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's an old meat storage room, I think.

The old mortuary building is still there but the table/slab from it, however, is in the Mental Health Museum at Wakefield.

Now you've said that it makes sense as they were located almost directly below the large space we believed to be a kitchen!

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Really nice set here mate, thanks again for persisting and getting a good quality report up :thumb

UrbexploreUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Really nice set here mate, thanks again for persisting and getting a good quality report up :thumb

Cheers pal! Just waiting on our next report to be approved in the "Other Sites" section now, does the approval system persist constantly or just until the "New User" label is gone?

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Cheers pal! Just waiting on our next report to be approved in the "Other Sites" section now, does the approval system persist constantly or just until the "New User" label is gone?

The approval system will be phased out on your account once you have the title '28DL Member' It's just there to stop spam accounts from posting rubbish on the forum. :thumb

UrbexploreUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The approval system will be phased out on your account once you have the title '28DL Member' It's just there to stop spam accounts from posting rubbish on the forum. :thumb

Cheers! I get why it's there completely, gotta have quality content control, it's just mildly irritating! ;)

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
I was instructed to "Put a massive, obnoxious watermark on them to deter every man and his dog from using them" and I'm one for consistency, regardless of whether it's consistently good or bad! :p:

I presume it is not a photography course then? (if it is, I'd ask for a new tutor ;) )