Web
Analytics
Question - - High Stuff, Bridges - Legality | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - High Stuff, Bridges - Legality

Aidan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello people.

Now i've done quite a bit of urbex, and know the laws regarding it are not going to bite you in the ass if you were legitimately just exploring/taking photos. As far as I can tell, they could arrest you if being suspicious or having anything on you which could be seen as stolen/used to break in, etc.

Now, i'm wanting to climb some higher stuff, and wondering if this changes at all?
If I climb something which requires quite a bit of working around to get into (but no damage etc)

Can I be charged for anything if i'm not equipped, etc?
Genuinely wanting to climb something for photos/the experience - but it's likely at this location i'd be spotted.

Ta muchly.

Speed

Got Epic?
Staff member
They sometimes used breach of the peace laws when you climb stuff like bridges. Usually not helped by them having to close them when they spot you. Not a massive deal but expect a night in the cells..

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Beware that occasionally there are bylaws that apply to certain bridges that specifically prohibit climbing them.

Bigjobs

Official Smartarse
Regular User
a breach of the peace (or actions liable to cause) conviction col possibly open up the doors for them to get a criminal behaviour order against you.

ask matt adams how much of a pita that is