real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - "High Stuff" - Metro, Nov. 9th 2009 | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News "High Stuff" - Metro, Nov. 9th 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
"High stuff" pranks could cost lives.

Youngsters are placing their lives in danger by climbing hundreds of feet, up the Forth bridges as part of an internet craze. Having scaled the bridges under cover of darkness, they are then placing pictures on websites. A 'high stuff' section on the 28 Days Later website shows two youngsters at the top of the 360ft high rail bridge.

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
lol internet craze,youngsters,fucking idiots alot of us are hardly young :thumb and its hardly a craze :thumb,
hate the press knob jockies :freak

LittleMike

Do. Find. Drains.
28DL Full Member
Ahh the good ol' metro. They've don't half come out with some cracking one liners. How could I ever forget such priceless gems as "The three gorges dam has been demolished" and "Scientists will soon be able to grow new limbs"

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
Was it The Metro that coined the phrase "craniacs" or was that a different one?

I can't find the article online, is it just in the paper?

snappel

BMW 4 LIFE
28DL Full Member
Ha! They imply both bridges were climbed! And costing lives? Who's lives? Are we not able to choose to risk our lives? Yesterday I traversed the well-known Crib Goch (in Snowdonia) pinnacles in wind, rain and fog - this was far more dangerous than any bridge-related antics I've taken part in, and yet magazines and websites have the Crib marked down as a classic route.

Why is it that when something is in an urban environment, the ROSPA/HSE types go mad? It can only be because we're slaves to liability, and because cities are swollen with boring, TV soap-ridden brain-dead, unambitious ignorant fuckwits who need something rammed down their gobs, and will happily digest third-rate journalism like this.

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
I couldn't find it online either - it was in a wee snippet Rosie brought home. Page 14 - possibly only in the Scottish edition...

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
I guess it's what happens when you get journalists writing articles that are constructed from cliched and phrased sentences instead of building them out of their own word bricks like most literate people do. The person who wrote the article was probably given £40 freelance to go and write a 200 word piece to fill a hole between a page on the X Factor and advert on how to get rid of cellulite. No one will remember it and tomorrow, nobody will care. Articles never change anything anyway, even when they're a good representation of what someone feels this "hobby" is about.

MattRaizoku

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
lol internet craze,youngsters,fucking idiots alot of us are hardly young :thumb and its hardly a craze :thumb,
hate the press knob jockies :freak

What you expect they make up shit to get more money! The general public are just dumber than ever if they believe the prankster and craze bullshit.

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member
Ha! They imply both bridges were climbed! And costing lives? Who's lives? Are we not able to choose to risk our lives? Yesterday I traversed the well-known Crib Goch (in Snowdonia) pinnacles in wind, rain and fog - this was far more dangerous than any bridge-related antics I've taken part in, and yet magazines and websites have the Crib marked down as a classic route.

Why is it that when something is in an urban environment, the ROSPA/HSE types go mad? It can only be because we're slaves to liability, and because cities are swollen with boring, TV soap-ridden brain-dead, unambitious ignorant fuckwits who need something rammed down their gobs, and will happily digest third-rate journalism like this.

crib certainley is good in the wet and fog m8
mecopy.jpg

Bunkertastic

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh you young pranksters you, whatever next! I still like the idea of setting the press up with reports of nonsense locations & pics, they'll go for it because they are lazy and stupid.

D

~ DaRk AnGeL ~

It's like most media.. They only produce a jaded, one sided argument or it their personal view of something the reporter knows nothing about and can't be bothered to research correctly.. If kids copy 28DL or any other urbex site (which is most definately not encouraged by the site or other members) then so be it.. I don't think that 28DL et al can really be blamed for the stupidity of some children that do this for the thrills, trash the place and then leave the blame to the urbexers.. Great reports on the High Stuff btw lol.. I would maybe ask the media how they intend to pay for the photos they 'steal' aswell - report or not, if they are using your images to sell rags, surely you should be entitled to some recompense???...

crikster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don't read the Metro anymore. It either depressess me or makes me angry. Neither of which are how I want to feel in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details