real time web analytics
Information - - Highcross Manor aka Hamilton palace April 2021 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Highcross Manor aka Hamilton palace April 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

merlin004

28DL Member
28DL Member

Nice photos, it make a change that the building it being repaired and not knocked down.

oldaker

28DL Member
28DL Member
Just to add to this, The site was perviously occupied by an old peoples home. They borrowed money from you know who, and gave him the deeds as security. A fire broke out one afternoon/evening ( no surprises there ) and the place was gutted. He subsequently obtained planning permission to build what you see there now, but sold most of the Sussex properties and went over to South Africa. In terms of size, it is not bigger than Buckingham Palace - it has a wider frontage, thats all and that was solely due to vanity. I very much doubt it will ever get finished

VirtualExplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just to add to this, The site was perviously occupied by an old peoples home. They borrowed money from you know who, and gave him the deeds as security. A fire broke out one afternoon/evening ( no surprises there ) and the place was gutted. He subsequently obtained planning permission to build what you see there now, but sold most of the Sussex properties and went over to South Africa. In terms of size, it is not bigger than Buckingham Palace - it has a wider frontage, thats all and that was solely due to vanity. I very much doubt it will ever get finished

This guy, his associates, his guard dogs and his derelict mansion are best avoided. When I was there I saw someone walking about with what looked like a shotgun in the distance and I believe there is hunting of game taking place on the ground so if someone gets "accidently shot" (or mauled by the guard dogs) while trespassing it will be their own fault to an extent.

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 520) View details