Web
Analytics
Report - - Higher Ballgreave, Macclesfield Forest, Cheshire – June 2019/June 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Higher Ballgreave, Macclesfield Forest, Cheshire – June 2019/June 2020

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Sat at the edge of Macclesfield Forest, in wildest East Cheshire sits this little derelict stone farm house. It’s a decent trek from the nearest road and is in an absolutely beautiful part of the Peak District, at the edge of the Cheshire Plain – even if soggy houses aren’t your thing, the views alone are worth the effort.

Higher Ballgreave was occupied by the Hobson family, who undertook various agricultural work. I’m unsure how long it’s been vacant for but I’d guess the mid to late 1980s.
Looking at old OS maps, there was once a ‘Lower Ballgreave’ farm close to nearby Lamaload reservoir but this appears to have been demolished some time ago and only a barn remains.

I’ve had these pics sat around on a Flickr set for a while so figured I’d post some up. I've never posted pictures from Flickr before, so if it goes wrong that's way. This is just how I like a resi - nice colours, good light and not rammed with piles of hoarders crap. The house is in a very poor state internally, sections of the roof missing, very soft flooring in places, large cracks to external walls. I believe the staircase has now collapsed too, so I'm not sure how long the rest of it will last.

Visited solo, most recently on a baking hot morning in June 2020

Thanks for looking​

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Liking this, what a lovely stone built house. Views are fab. The explore looks very enjoyable. Just takes you back in time. Simple, yet photogenic. Rustic & old. What a diamond. I like derps like this. Less is more.:thumb

Redavni Ecaps

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lovely this, thanks for sharing.

lindsayj

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi thanks for reply I’m South Yorkshire way seen it on u tube looks fantastic especially the views but does look long gone now the the house etc

Jlip

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi thanks for reply I’m South Yorkshire way seen it on u tube looks fantastic especially the views but does look long gone now the the house etc
I’ve visited recently and the whole house has been sealed up now so almost no natural light can get in. A torch is essential. There is still a small gap to access the ground floor.