Web
Analytics
Report - - Highfield House - Gainsborough - July 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Highfield House - Gainsborough - July 2020

HMGY___

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History
Can't see alot of information, but came across this

The house was built in 1905 and before it was built stood a park.... the house was owned by councillor William Parry who passed away on the 6th December 2013, he passed away peacefully in this house.

Rumour has it the house is still owned by his wife and is currently on the market

The explore

Probably my favourite explore to date. So much character and certainly got the old adrenaline going due to the eerie vibes. Shame its quite trashed in places but there's still an awful lot of history left behind to see. Went with my usual explorer buddy, my dad. Hope you enjoy the pics :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Scoobysrt

-- .- -.. . -.-- --- ..- .-.. --- --- -.-
28DL Full Member
Not here buddy infact its a rule not to use code names, would be helpful to put the name in the title ;)
Don't want to be that guy but were being inundated with house explores under silly names recently.

Lancashire lad

chief taster for costa coffee
28DL Full Member
Its Highfeild house , even says it on the gatepost as you enter, its no big secret as everyone who passes can see it. not a bad explore but some of your piks are out of focus or maybe its a filter? anyway its quite distracting , just take you time theres no rush.

HMGY___

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its Highfeild house , even says it on the gatepost as you enter, its no big secret as everyone who passes can see it. not a bad explore but some of your piks are out of focus or maybe its a filter? anyway its quite distracting , just take you time theres no rush.
To be fair mate it's pitch black and I only had my mobile phone.. I'm an explorer not a pro photographer:p

Lancashire lad

chief taster for costa coffee
28DL Full Member
To be fair mate it's pitch black and I only had my mobile phone.. I'm an explorer not a pro photographer:p
Im not having a go im just giving you a bit of advice. you can buy small tripods and stands for your phone , stops the shakey look in low light , and most phones now come with a low light setting for longer exposures, think mines does about three seconds (sony experia), i did the house last year so i know how dark most of the rooms can be. but the upper floors are sound and well lit. Like i say just take your time and compose your shots , not a dig just friendly advice.

HMGY___

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Im not having a go im just giving you a bit of advice. you can buy small tripods and stands for your phone , stops the shakey look in low light , and most phones now come with a low light setting for longer exposures, think mines does about three seconds (sony experia), i did the house last year so i know how dark most of the rooms can be. but the upper floors are sound and well lit. Like i say just take your time and compose your shots , not a dig just friendly advice.
No worries! I may invest in a tripod to be fair. My dad's the photographer out the two of us, he has a proper camera and his pics always come out great. He hasn't sorted through them yet though I'm dying to see them!

meglouisexo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is this still there? I’m sure it looks like it’s been converted into a house that’s being lived in? Totally confused

Laura Kengen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I tried last month and was approached by a man who was clearing out the property. He said its being converted