Web
Analytics
Report - - Highgate high level Station - October 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Highgate high level Station - October 2014

mrwhite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
ok this is my second report, after crystal palace I was on a high..wanted to do millenium mills with a fellow member but security were there.

So decided this had to be done, im totally surprised this isn't full of graffiti, it was a really lovely walk about small but very chilled i could have stayed there for hours, so peaceful. (and no there wernt any chavs lol)

A little bit of history (agin from Wikipedia)

Highgate station was originally constructed by the Edgware, Highgate and London Railway in the 1860s on its line from Finsbury Park to Edgware. Before the line was opened it was purchased in July 1867 by the larger Great Northern Railway (GNR), whose main line from King's Cross ran through Finsbury Park on its way to Potters Bar and the north. The railway to Edgware opened as a single-track line on 22 August 1867.[2]
Because of the hilly terrain, the station was built in a deep cutting excavated from Highgate Hill adjacent to Archway Road. Tunnels penetrated the hillside at each end of the station, leading to East Finchley to the north and Crouch End to the south.

DSC08109_zps3193f13a.gif

highgate underground runs directly underneath

DSC08097_zps55d1c38d.gif

The old waiting room?

DSC08094_zps9fc9f165.gif

The exit

DSC08084_zps7870ed98.gif

DSC08081_zpsb176750b.gif

DSC08072_zps00952cd8.gif

DSC08059_zps180ec17e.gif

DSC08058_zpsca58bd10.gif

The old tunnels

slayaaaa

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Security at MM again? Fair enough...

Thanks for sharing, yet another one on the list. :)

Pixielulu

away with the fairies
28DL Full Member
Ahhh that's nice, had a trip to here planned ages ago but ran out of time, good to see :)

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
I've always been interested in this place
you've captured some good angles on this, good work