Web
Analytics
Report - - Highlines , Redhill August 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Highlines , Redhill August 2020

RXQueen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Edit - form safeties sake i’ve reverted to the other name

Highlines

This house is slowly vanishing behind ivy, the access involved lots of my favourite things like nettles and brambles but as it’s hidden away it was quite a relaxed explore. Its wrecked inside with paperwork strewn everywhere but zero graffiti, furniture left behind and drawers have been rummaged through. One of the bedrooms was full of video tapes but I didn’t enter as the floor looked dodgy, the second bedroom looked to have been occupied by a male and the main bedroom a lady, both with single beds and full wardrobes.

I took the passports from upstairs where they’ll just get ruined by the leaky roof or if the floor collapses and put them safely in a drawer downstairs. The diaries were out of reach right next to a hole in the floor and it wasn’t safe enough to try and rescue these. I also hid the new looking box of matches left on the side hopefully to stop any arsehole starting a fire.

Someone has broken the giant cobweb that was in the kitchen, imagine walking into that! The kitchen smelled really bad with mould and the ceiling is coming down so the room above was unsafe to go right in to, and the bathroom upstairs absolutely smelled strongly of poo so didn’t spend long in there.

Fabulous place but I didn’t realise how dangerous it is in there until I went upstairs, the first floor is about to collapse into the living room and elsewhere due to the sheer amount of water in containers by the windows, perhaps it’s better to check places upstairs first to see how dangerous a building is?

History

From a previous report 2 elderly lived here the lady sadly died of cancer in 2009 and left the man to live on his own, but not long after he went missing and has never been found in the house since. I’ve searched for news reports to see if there were any stories about this but haven’t been able to find anything.

Zoopla have an estimated price of £1.7 million though i’m sure they’ve not seen the state it’s in.

A google search for the man of the house leads me to believe that he was a teacher in (further and higher education) Art and Philosophy before retirement. Other than that I can’t find any other information about him or his wife. I believe from a letter I saw that he was facing financial difficulty. There was some paperwork from 2011 inside which was the most recent I found.

The passports actually belong to the owners (deceased) parents who lived nearby, the father died on 14/09/69 and was the retired general manager of a bank.

I can’t find any history or information for the lady of the house or the lady from the passport.

If I discover anything else I will update accordingly . Passports edited to remove obvious information

Attachments

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nicely covered. Its good to see someone actually name it correctly. Some nice yesteryear remnants left there. So sad no one came forward or an heir wasnt found. More money in the gov coffers. :thumb

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
I htink you may well be the young lady i was waffling to on the pics on fb that the other guy had also posted here. and how he proclaimed no one would find it.. and here you are :D

2XploreUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report and photos. Can’t seem to find much in the way of history for this place. Was there today and someone has taken those matches back out of the draw you put them in as they are now on the sideboard in the living room....and somebody has left a lovely Poo in the doorway of the room upstairs with all the VHS tapes in

RXQueen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report and photos. Can’t seem to find much in the way of history for this place. Was there today and someone has taken those matches back out of the draw you put them in as they are now on the sideboard in the living room....and somebody has left a lovely Poo in the doorway of the room upstairs with all the VHS tapes in
people are disgusting

derelictth92

Has a weak spot for staircases
28DL Full Member
Reminds me of the huge thing somone done in the bath tub of seven pines