real time web analytics
Report - - Hilden Mill, Lisburn, Northern Ireland. June 2020. | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hilden Mill, Lisburn, Northern Ireland. June 2020.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jh1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place needs no introduction, its been covered many many times on here and if you search Hilden or Barbour threads you'll find reports from over the years which will help to illustrate the decay that has occurred both naturally and at the hands of vandals.

I went first on a weekday evening with a vague idea of how to get in, but there was someone sat right where I was going to try. As they left, 2 car loads of teens arrived and headed in so I decided against it on that occasion. My entry point was confirmed and I was glad I hadn't got in earlier than their arrival as I wouldn't really have welcomed their presence. A few days later I set my alarm for early, got up before sunrise, and arrived at the site as the sun was coming over the horizon and the birds were singing.

Despite the decay and how little of what was there is left, I really enjoyed this explore and have so far only covered a third of it at a guess.

First the wide shots ;

Irishmanlost

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice visit, shame there's so many shite tags there now. Wouldn't be bad if they did a good mural or something. I'll still visit it tho.

Reactions: jh1

jh1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice visit, shame there's so many shite tags there now. Wouldn't be bad if they did a good mural or something. I'll still visit it tho.

Thanks!
The only good thing IMO about most graffiti is that it indicates a sites is accessible. I too want to head back and check out the rest of the site before the days shorten too much again.