Web
Analytics
Report - - Hillfields - Hereford - October 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hillfields - Hereford - October 2020

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
These old 1940s residentials are great to see when they aren't modernised. I love the nostalgic feel. The old sash windows, those iron & tiled fireplaces. Big box tvs, stair runners & old round brass door knobs. Picture rails & pantries. Houses just are not built like this anymore. So I love it when someone finds one.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
These old 1940s residentials are great to see when they aren't modernised. I love the nostalgic feel. The old sash windows, those iron & tiled fireplaces. Big box tvs, stair runners & old round brass door knobs. Picture rails & pantries. Houses just are not built like this anymore. So I love it when someone finds one.
Sounds like my house ;-)

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Almost, Iv just fitted stair rods back on the stairs & yes to open fires. Have used reclaim doors with old knobs on every room & I have a strange urge to rip the pvc out & fit sash windows but that may just be daft!... My last house had sash
Not daft, If I could Id have exactly all of the above. I use too. Grew up with similar, but in two manor houses. I didn't apricate them then, but now, I wish I had. My dream would to be back in a fortys house. You could always put sash in and have a second unintrusive second glaze if its too drafty.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Not daft, If I could Id have exactly all of the above. I use too. Grew up with similar, but in two manor houses. I didn't apricate them then, but now, I wish I had. My dream would to be back in a fortys house. You could always put sash in and have a second unintrusive second glaze if its too drafty.
I had original sash in old house with double glazed units in them. I had to reweight them myself to get em right but they were ace

Jackdaw47

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Was a nice explore glad I took the drive there although rather messy inside it was still nice to see lol
I like it as you say messy but the person who lived there knew where everything was, whoever it was didn’t have any Worcester sauce! But that’s neither here nor there, good pics are we going to end the same way build a life then walk away because it means nothing in the end:-)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
grindle Residential Sites 6