real time web analytics
Report - - Holliday Pigments Chimney, Hull | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Holliday Pigments Chimney, Hull

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

whittyboy

another yorkshire folk
28DL Full Member
hi there all, well the other day a mate and myself achieved something that we have both been wanting to do for a long time now, we finally got to climb up to the top of the holliday pigments chimney in hull all 460 foot of it and man was it worth it.
We had both cased out the place for a while now and got an idea of the level of security and places to gain access from, but on the day in question we were spotted by the site owner near the front gate and his bloody great big dog, luckily he was well trained and only barked at us.
well after talking to the chap for a while and expressing our interest in said chimney he agreed that if we liked we could go to the top, ok so we may have slightly cheated the system but saved getting my arms savaged i suppose.
so having all the kit with us we donned our change of clothes as the guy said it was very dirty all the way up, we got on the head torches, gloves and dust masks, cameras in pockets and plenty of cold drinks as the day was a scorcher.
The climb up was fairly straight forward, as an earlier poster stated it was vertical ladders that climbed approx 20 foot and then through a swing gate and on to a platform and so on and so on all the way to the top. Each level has been identified with a letter A,B,C etc all the way to S.
Note to anyone attempting it in the future pick a cool day and it is very tiring, more of stamina thing really, oh yeah and like i did dont do it after 2 slices of pizza and a large sandwhich you start to feel it about half way up.
Anyway onward we went and the thing that really keeps you going is the fact that you can see the daylight at the top getting ever closer.
Hooray we finally got to the top and my mate stuck his head out first and shot it straight back in, no weary of the height more the fact when he stuck his head out he was greeted eye to eye with a very large bird of prey ripping a pigeons head off.
so i went out first and believe me it is well worth it, the pictures speak for themselves it is breathtaking. The views on a clear day a well... i cant put words to it.
even on a calm sunny day though it is windy up there and there is a visable sway to the whole structure, about 6" to a foot on the day.
Well i wont bore you with more waffle i will let the pictures speak now. next visit would be great on a night to capture the whole of Hull lit up.
Enjoy and thanks for taking time to read this:popcorn
DSCF2533.jpg

made it to top

DSCF2532-1.jpg

I made it too

DSCF2516.jpg

the view down really gives the scale of the height

DSCF2537.jpg

you cant go all that way up and not take a pic of the lights

DSCF2519.jpg

looking west

DSCF2521.jpg

Stoneferry bridges and sutton fields

DSCF2523.jpg

looking east

DSCF2525.jpg

looking towards saltend and the docks

DSCF2527.jpg

looking south towards town centre and the deep

DSCF2528.jpg

a bit of the bankside area, Humber bridge in the distance

DSCF2531.jpg

closer view of Humber bridge

DSCF2538.jpg

another future target to visit

DSCF2539.jpg

anyone got on top of the blue bit (water tank maybe??)

DSCF2540.jpg

closer view of docks and ferry

DSCF2543.jpg

east park

DSCF2544.jpg

closer view of east park

DSCF2548.jpg

ladder to top hatch

DSCF2549.jpg

my mate feeling light headed

DSCF2553.jpg

the local fuzz on a takeaway blue light run

DSCF2550.jpg

shot through the railings

DSCF2551.jpg

never realised how big the windmill was

DSCF2554.jpg

aarrrggghhhh

DSCF2556.jpg

peace dudes

DSCF2557.jpg

the amount of times i have been under that bridge

DSCF2558.jpg

dont look down

DSCF2560.jpg

anyone know what used to be on that land

DSCF2562.jpg

St Stephens shopping development

DSCF2564.jpg

you will need one of these, i saw this on way down

Evade

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited the site earlier and got to the base of the chimney. We was very un prepared and had nothing with us so the plan is to go back! just wondering if you get up from the very base of the chimney?

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visited the site earlier and got to the base of the chimney. We was very un prepared and had nothing with us so the plan is to go back! just wondering if you get up from the very base of the chimney?

I would assume so. When I did it the ladders were right to the bottom.

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ahh cool! went up the first set and it was pitch black so turned back and planned to return with head torches!
Take a paper mask at least mate. Its as dusty as fuck up there. Also let me know if my ironing board is still up there. ;)

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice work, not for me but job well done. whats the situation with the rest of the site ? looked at it a long time ago and kind of forgot about it. the other target too….

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great effort well worth it for the views thanks for posting.

Dezmoid

28DL Member
28DL Member
I did this today, the ironing board wasn’t there but I’m intrigued, how on earth did you get it uo there?
Also that photo were you asked if anybody’s been on that blue water tower, I want to get on that aswell, but I don’t think it’s doable

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I did this today, the ironing board wasn’t there but I’m intrigued, how on earth did you get it uo there?
Also that photo were you asked if anybody’s been on that blue water tower, I want to get on that aswell, but I don’t think it’s doable

I strapped it to my back and went up there with it. If the boards gone then it must have been lobbed off there, have a look on the roof of the B&Q as I recon it could travel that far . As to the blue tank that's British Extracting and every cunt and their dogs been up there and is still accessable AFAIK.

Dezmoid

28DL Member
28DL Member
I strapped it to my back and went up there with it. If the boards gone then it must have been lobbed off there, have a look on the roof of the B&Q as I recon it could travel that far . As to the blue tank that's British Extracting and every cunt and their dogs been up there and is still accessable AFAIK.

Yeh I think it maybe was doable but now the ladders on the side have gone my pal told me it’s inaccessible.

Sprackles

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello there does anybody know if this is still doable, would love to see try this

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
Its pretty easy to get to un-noticed if a bit of a long walk round. Its also well away from houses but not sure about any nearby secca if yer know what i mean. Been about two years tho lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 256) View details