real time web analytics
Report - - Hollinwood Gas Holder Site, August 2015. | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hollinwood Gas Holder Site, August 2015.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Hollinwood Gas Holder Site

Hollinwood%20Gas%20red.jpg

(The site in 1922)
The 165ft tall gasholder, which holds 144,000 cu ft of gas, was the largest in the country when it was built in 1913

Consent was granted in November, 1992, for the storage of around 150 tonnes of natural gas but was since revoked

National Grid finally agreed in 2013 they were to sell off the 215,000sq ft site for re-generation after having no further use for it since their previous review of the site in 2009

Obviously subject to stringent planning, the land could one day be home to mixed residential/business use, a number of proposals have been put forward over the years

I've run out of :popcorn waiting to see what might materialize here

It's not much in the way of a report, but I thought it was only right to document another industrial site that won't be around for much longer, albeit a few shonky pics taken on my phone so people can at least see what was once here in years to come :thumb

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

14.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Looking back at 'ya ;)

13.jpg

Re-visited in October with @The Lone Ranger

25.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg
21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

rich_b1982

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cool.

Don't think i've ever seen one with the tank built into the ground like that, or without the stairs around.

hamtagger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A nice bit of rusty industry there, never seen a buried one like that before either :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details