real time web analytics
Report - - Holmes Market Sewage Pumping Station, Doncaster | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Holmes Market Sewage Pumping Station, Doncaster

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
I don't know anything about the history of the place

Built in 1926 as an electrically powered sewage pumping station. Instead of dumping the sewage directly into the River Don, It was pumped to (I think) the sewage treatment plant near the airport. Closed around 1907 when the new underground station was built on the adjoining plot.

The site was originally home to "The Doncaster Gas Light Co", formed in 1827 and bought out by Doncaster Corporation in 1858. the site became the works depot for the town.

urbexrebel67

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Built in 1926 as an electrically powered sewage pumping station. Instead of dumping the sewage directly into the River Don, It was pumped to (I think) the sewage treatment plant near the airport. Closed around 1907 when the new underground station was built on the adjoining plot.

The site was originally home to "The Doncaster Gas Light Co", formed in 1827 and bought out by Doncaster Corporation in 1858. the site became the works depot for the town.
Thank you, it was hard to find anything on it for me.