real time web analytics
Report - - Holton Heath Cordite Factory & Laboratories - Poole/Dorset - Jan 2013 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Holton Heath Cordite Factory & Laboratories - Poole/Dorset - Jan 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MindTricks

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Apologies in advance, I have no skill with a camera (trying to learn!) and I don't own a tripod :)

Visited with Rainman and Whereismycat, one wonderfully British morning!

Brief history, it's been done a million times before so I'll keep it short!
The Royal Navy Cordite Factory, Holton Heath, (RNCF), was set up at Holton Heath, Dorset in World War I to manufacture Cordite for the Royal Navy. It was reactivated in World War II to manufacture gun propellants for the Admiralty and its output was supplemented by the Royal Navy Propellant Factory, Caerwent. After the end of World War II, the explosive manufacturing areas of the site were closed down and some areas of the site reopened as an Admiralty Research Establishment. A major part of the explosives site became a Nature Reserve [1] in 1981. Other parts of the site were converted into an Industrial Estate; and some may be used for housing.

Here goes.....

Peely paint..

921.jpg

Boiler room

899.jpg

Important looking things...

900.jpg

889.jpg

875.jpg

Alf!

864.jpg

863.jpg

843.jpg

840.jpg

Looking into the turret/bunker

831.jpg

Down ze hole....

841.jpg

827.jpg

Some of the photos I took on my S3 actually came out a lot better than the camera ones (probably due to a severe case of noobness) so may add those on at a later date.