real time web analytics
Report - - Holy Trinity Church, Peak Dale - May 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Holy Trinity Church, Peak Dale - May 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
May 2021

I visited with @coolboyslim and @stranton on a post-lockdown tour of the Peak District, the church is a modern gothic style building, consisting of a chancel and nave. I'd attempted this one a number of years ago with no success, but as we were passing we decided to take a quick look. The building is fairly basic with nothing really special to shout about, we spent about 20-30 minutes looking around avoiding being sported by the teachers at the neighbouring school.

peak-dale-holy-trinity-church-c1960_p235.jpg

[0] - Francis Frith Collection (1960)
As the railway industry grew in the United Kingdom the small village of Peak Dale acquired a small station on the London, Midland and Scottish railway company's, branch off the Bakewell to Buxton line. Which continued to travel north to Chapel en le Frith. The Holy Trinity Church was one of three places of worship that were constructed in the village and was built in 1885. Peak Dale was very much a limestone quarry village in the 1940s, with a large enough congregational to make this a popular church in its day, it continued to welcome worshipers right up it's closure in 2003. Planning permission was granted to convert the church into apartments in 2018.

IMG_1489.JPG

[1]

IMG_1457.JPG

[2]

IMG_1473.JPG

[3]

IMG_1441.JPG

[4]

IMG_1480.JPG

[5]

IMG_1463.JPG

[6]

IMG_1460.JPG

[7]

IMG_1440.JPG

[8]

IMG_1470.JPG

[9]

IMG_1474.JPG

[10]​

Cheers for looking. :thumb
Canon EOS 70D, 10-18mm EFS

Attachments

• 1893187_2a2d383f.jpg
    1893187_2a2d383f.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Lovely little place. Good to have it documented before it becomes apartments.

mmk

28DL Member
28DL Member
Went to this location tonight all boardered up nice little place though regardless

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Went to this location tonight all boardered up nice little place though regardless

Like everything else it opens up then gets sealed
The church down the road has now been sold, I was looking at putting an offer in on it when it was taken off the market :(

Who has read this thread (Total: 248) View details