real time web analytics
Report - - Holy Trinity Convent School, Bromley - 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Holy Trinity Convent School, Bromley - 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

OliverT

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I always knew about this place, since I spent my last year of school in a referral unit around the corner. Even then it looked run-down, but there were always workers on site, laying down a new road and building something.
Research told me that it had indeed closed but that Trinitarian Nuns still lived on site. Since it's all one big building, exploring the old classrooms while at the same time avoiding Sister Mary's bedroom would have been a little awkward.

I left school and I forgot about it. A couple years on and I was asked to help out at a wedding up the road. It was then I remembered this existed, so, after the wedding, I cycled straight onto the site and round to my chosen window. Although due to the fact I had just come from a wedding and was dressed in my best, I decided to come back another day.
It also became clear what the builders were up to; the Nuns no longer live in the school, but have a new building at the back of the site, along with St.Joseph's Church.

I was considering not writing a report on this, since it's pretty fucked inside nowadays. But as far as I'm aware this is still fresh for 28....

Holy Trinity College Bromley (formerly Holy Trinity Convent) was an all girls junior and senior school from the mid 19th century to December 2005 located in the London Borough of Bromley, England.
It was a direct grant aided grammar school until the 1980s when it became purely independent.
It was run by the Trinitarian order of Roman Catholic nuns along with a sister school in Kidderminster (which reverted to secular control in the 1980s.) The mother house of the Trinitarian order is in France.
The school closed officially on 15 December 2005, although by this time there weren't any pupils left in the school as they had all been relocated to various other, mainly independent, schools in the area.
Although the school is now closed the convent still has some Trinitarian nuns living there until redevelopment of the site is completed.

IMG_1111-1size.gif

View attachment 452957

View attachment 452958

View attachment 452959

View attachment 452960

View attachment 452961

View attachment 452962

View attachment 452963

View attachment 452964

View attachment 452965

View attachment 452966

View attachment 452967

View attachment 452968

View attachment 452969

View attachment 452970

View attachment 452971

View attachment 452972

View attachment 452973

View attachment 452974

Thanks for looking.

Nunofthat

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi Oliver! I know this is a super old post but I used to go to this school in the 80s and I would love to see the pics if you have a link? Also if you were local did you ever go down the sundridge park ice house in the woods? It was park of the golf course.
There is some cool really old pics of that on Facebook
Thanks
NoT