real time web analytics
Video Report - - Hong Kong Abandoned "Rainforest"_Into the WILD | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video Report - Hong Kong Abandoned "Rainforest"_Into the WILD

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

yingmattheww

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi folks, here is a video I made when I visited an abandoned "Rainforest" hostel in Hong Kong.
I know people in 28days is not really into videos. Sorry about that.
(please bear with my English, I will try my best to explain everything in here)

History01: FIRST RAINFOREST CAFE IN ASIA
The history of this place is very interesting. We will need to trace back to 20 years ago.
In 1998, the US "Rainforest" Cafe had finally stepped into Asia and opened their first restaurant in Hong Kong.
It had made to the news and became an attraction at that time. The restaurant had a lot of decorations from plants to 1:1 mechanic animals and there were lightnings and thunderstorm effects as well.
It really gives you the vibe of having a meal in a rainforest. However, they were closed down in 2003.

06fa505p.jpg

bkn-20170302060005386-0302_00822_001_07p.jpg

HISTORY02: TRANSFORMATION
After that, a guy had bought the props from the Rainforest Cafe and tried to open a "Rainforest" Hostel on the East side of Hong Kong.
It is not a really convenient place to visit and far from the heart of Hong Kong. However, the view in there is really good. Unfortunately, no matter how many times the owner had tried to fight for the consent to run the business from the government, the government insisted to reject him. Eventually, they were forced to shut down and left to rot.

NOW:
They are all back to the wild.

IMG_3488.JPG
IMG_3490.JPG
IMG_3498.JPG

IMG_3519.JPG

Enjoy!

Last edited: