real time web analytics
Report - - Hoo ROC Post, August 2017 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hoo ROC Post, August 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jorwal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been meaning to visit this location for a while now, and as I was in the area I thought I may as well pop open the hatch and have a quick look inside (plus I hadn’t been to an ROC post up until now.

Not much available on the history of this post, but this post was first used in October 1960, and was decommissioned in September 2001. There is also a pill box type building next to the ROC post, but as the area has overgrown a bit over the years it was hard to get a decent picture of it (plus the inside was flooded and I didn’t fancy a swim). I didn't have any decent gear on me as wasn't planning on visiting, so the lighting's not great in the pictures.

The Medway Chavvies have gotten to it over the years as you can see form the pictures (compare them to the ones on subbrit that were taken in 2001 here - couldn’t find another report on here so this may be the first one).

This was put up for auction in March 2015, but looking at the state of it nobody bought it/they really don’t care about it (or they’ve only protected it with some threatening graffiti).

Anyway have some pictures of the remnants above ground...

This is the hatch above the ground
IMG_1349.jpg

One of the vent shafts
IMG_1364.jpg

Not totally sure about this one though
IMG_1366.jpg

And here's the pill box type thing, there's a better picture on the link to subbrit at the top of the thread without all of the trees and bushes
IMG_1365.jpg

And here's the inside of the ROC Post;

Pretty good ladder considering the circumstances
IMG_1350.jpg

Some sort of valve at the bottom of the ladder
IMG_1355.jpg

Dirty, damp & neglected room full of graffiti
IMG_1352.jpg

This made me laugh
IMG_1351.jpg

The inner vent shaft, probably had a grill over it at some point, but mindless vandalism strikes again
IMG_1358.jpg

Is it even possible to do an explore without finding a pentagram?
IMG_1360.jpg

Cool original red arrow on the floor
IMG_1353.jpg

This room was possibly the bog, but had a big barrel in the way so the door wouldn't open - but I love a bit of nice original paint
IMG_1354.jpg

Tried taking a panorama but it kind of failed, but if you're interested here it is.

So that's that, again apologies for the lighting in the pictures :thumb

Krypton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good one mate - could be cleaned up quite nicely. FWIW, most of the ROC Posts were stood down in 1991, with the ROC being fully stood down by 1995.

Jorwal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Krypton cheers, it was looking relatively good 2 years ago from what I've seen in pictures, just down to Medway being Medway :/

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
@Krypton cheers, it was looking relatively good 2 years ago from what I've seen in pictures, just down to Medway being Medway :/

Its now closer to the road than it used to be due to the dual carriageway upgrade. Being local I finally popped in sometime in 2014. Was clean but bare, it was stripped out and the furniture moved to Gravesend for their project.

Jorwal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its now closer to the road than it used to be due to the dual carriageway upgrade. Being local I finally popped in sometime in 2014. Was clean but bare, it was stripped out and the furniture moved to Gravesend for their project.
Ohh that’s good, I thought it may have all been stolen - I’m assuming it’s going in that bunker in one of the car parks?

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
Ohh that’s good, I thought it may have all been stolen - I’m assuming it’s going in that bunker in one of the car parks?
Gravesend Civil Defence Bunker, it's opened up quite often for visits.

Jorwal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Gravesend Civil Defence Bunker, it's opened up quite often for visits.
That’s the one, and cool thanks I might have to look into that then I was under the impression it was completely abandoned and locked shut