Lead or Rumour info - Hop Oast Base / Bunker, Horsham.

• Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections plus a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. Creating an account removes some ads, allows you to post replies, start new topics and threads, and gives you access to more features including bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Jul 23, 2011
After a visit to the council fallout shelter in Horsham (cheers @RustyG wouldnt have known it was even closed!) I noticed going through my photos there is a channel list printed on the radio left in there, it lists ch2 being a trigger station (not entirely sure what one of those are but guessing some sort of antenna?), ch 3 as an emergency trigger station but of more interest is ch 1 which is listed as Hop Oast standby base.
Now a quick google list Hop Oast as a roundabout in Horsham with a nearby council recycling centre, so I guess my question is could there be another bunker/shelter around that area or was it just some sort of antenna relay site?

The world's most awkward urbexer...
28DL Full Member
Oct 19, 2016
Im glad someone else got to have a look round, id like to see some decent ohotos of the place!
They had a machine that would constantly beep all the time the country was at high alert, if a detonation was detected by one of the roc outposts it would go from a beep to a constant tone, I think the trigger station channels were something to do with that but im not 100% so dont quote me. According to subbrit the hop oast station has been demolished which is a shame cos it looked siiiick! All military with blast doors and aerials n that!