Web
Analytics
Report - - Horncliffe Mansion, Edenfield - June 2016 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Horncliffe Mansion, Edenfield - June 2016

Bolts

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Horncliffe Mansion

oaxcgo.jpg

I hopped on the tourbus and headed up towards Rawtenstall to visit this pretty ###### manor house. Whilst it's not in as bad a condition as people say, it's far beyond repair and I've got no doubt that it'll be demolished sometime in the near future (if the local council can afford it).
The mansion was built in 1869 by Mr Henry Hardman to serve as his house. It was later sold on and became a care home, before finally turning into a wedding venue. The day before my visit two homeless people were evicted from the premises by the police. The building has suffered extensive vandalism, arson attacks and graffiti, along with losing the vast majority of it’s floors.

314v2at.jpg

vfwjls.jpg

10eq7gx.jpg

34slawo.jpg

tast5g.jpg

rc6lbb.jpg

Okay, I lied. It's in a horrible condition and there's some rooms I didn't even bother to take pictures of due to the fact that they were either outside or 'three rooms in one' due to a lack of floor/walls. You can just about make it to the third floor but that's as far as I'd advise you to go because there's a hell of a drop if you fall through the floorboards.

Downstairs...
ma8bvs.jpg

Function room...
210wuf4.jpg

9a95bc.jpg

And the cars that have made this place so famous.
2iso5c.jpg

2ef007n.jpg

nxs8y.jpg

2hdmkog.jpg

mcvm7l.jpg

jaaogl.jpg

27zkh0p.jpg

nqd8ic.jpg

I also managed to leave my backup camera here, and I only realised when I arrived at Rawtenstall train station 20 minutes later. A long walk back up the hill soon ensued, but at least I kept my camera.​

Last edited:

Togitha

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Most of the stair bannisters have been removed since your visit, gives the stairs and landing a totally different look.