Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Hospital between batley and birstall | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Hospital between batley and birstall

LadyD

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Drove past this yesterday and i cant seem to find anything about it online, im probably not looking hard or enough or seaching the right things, anybody know what this was? Looks like an old hospital to me.

9466831484_10f447a5d8_z.jpg

LadyD

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i cant work out how to drop a pin, im challenged when it comes to computers.

search

23 Carlinghow Hill
Batley, West Yorkshire WF17 8LS ‎

Fudge

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Even if it is still derp, it'll be fucked round by carlinghow estate and chinewood..

kaiser

28DL Member
28DL Member
Drove past this yesterday and i cant seem to find anything about it online, im probably not looking hard or enough or seaching the right things, anybody know what this was? Looks like an old hospital to me.

9466831484_10f447a5d8_z.jpg
It's the old Batley General Hospital. It was closed at the end of the 80's after Staincliffe Hospital was expanded into the Dewsbury District General Hospital thats there now (although that'll be gone too soon if the incompetants that run Pinderfields get their way).
It was converted into a nursing home in the early 90's but its been shut for a while now. There was talk of the school next door buying it to expand into but i think that won't happen now its turned into a free school.
Try here - http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/hospitalrecords/details.asp?id=2230 - for a start on some info.