real time web analytics
Report - - Hotel Tenerife Tour, Las Caletillas, December 2017 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hotel Tenerife Tour, Las Caletillas, December 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Alley

Conspicuous Loiterer
Regular User
I have just discovered the joy of going on holiday in winter, wonderfully hot, and no kids in the pool. It was strange to see Christmas decorations against sunny blue skies. Soon sniffed out this dusty derp – the usual smell of pigeons and decay drifted along the street.

The hotel opened in 1968, closed in 2011. A local told me the hotel had money problems and had to close. He said it used to be nice and he went there to eat. Now, part of it has been turned into an unofficial skate park, and it looks like people are sleeping in there. It’s a big site – spent a good while wandering about.

“This hotel offers a ground level main building and a number of bungalows with 96 double rooms, which are spread over the terraced, spacious garden area. Guests may relax in the hotel's large and wonderful gardens. The nearest inviting sandy beach and the turquoise-blue sea are located in the hotel's vicinity. Guests are offered the use of a saltwater swimming pool (with a separate paddling pool), a poolside snack bar and a sun terrace with seating, sun loungers and parasols.”

I wish I had known about this before I went – a geocache inside somewhere.

Palm tree and Christmas tree

rweY17

Old postcard – view from nearby apartment block

There are tiles like with images of the Virgin of Candelaria in different places. I saw several people touch it as they passed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_of_Candelaria

Sea front wall

Holiday bungalows overlooking the pool

Shower

How it used to look

Pool filled by the sea

Bungalows above the sea pool

Despite the stormy looking sky it was 26/78 degrees. The cacti here came from Mexico

A Flamboyant tree. These grow large seed pods which can be used as musical instruments

Tree taking over the laundry building

Launderette

Room with a view

How the rooms used to look

Nice ceilings

Skate ramps

Clean floors

Up on the roof

The southern horizon