Web
Analytics
Report - - Houghton Grange, Cambridgeshire - March '15 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Houghton Grange, Cambridgeshire - March '15

Punk

Irregular Member
Regular User
Can't find much on this. It lies in over 100 acres of land and used to be a government animal research facility. It's now up for sale after a failed attempt to make it housing.
Explored with Frizman and The Wombat

(1)
DSC_0523.jpg

(2)
DSC_0491.jpg

(3)
DSC_0494.jpg

(4)
DSC_0496.jpg

(5)
DSC_0498.jpg

(6)
DSC_0500.jpg

(7)
DSC_0503.jpg

(8)
DSC_0505.jpg

(9)
DSC_0509.jpg

(10)
DSC_0516.jpg

(11)
DSC_0524.jpg

(12)
DSC_0526.jpg

(13)
DSC_0527.jpg

(14)
DSC_0531.jpg

(15)
DSC_0533.jpg

(16)
DSC_0534.jpg

This is the first place I've been to where they have cameras, PIRs and speakers swarmed together on lamp posts, looks recent as well :eek:

DSC_0536.jpg

Cheers for looking
:thumb

Urban Mode

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I visited this a couple weeks ago, managed to get in all the buildings apart from the main one, got about 5 steps in until the alarm went off, this place has loads of cctv and motion detectors which are active

Jamgirl

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi, I'm new to this exploring derelict/abandoned buildings, this place looks interesting could you give me the address please and any ideas of other places in Cambridgeshire to visit, I have been to raf upwood only. Also any tips for getting the most of exploring and dos and don't

Thanks in advance

quink

28DL Member
28DL Member
great place, been inside the main building quite a few times, only set the alarm of once though, luckily that was not the time we did it at night, otherwise that would have made an already freaky experience even more scary.

Tris1972

28DL Member
28DL Member
If this is the place im thinking of, it used to be used for police/prison dog training a few years back, or at least that was what i was told by someone who's husband had worked there.

Mr D

28DL Member
28DL Member
Wow, my grandparents used to live in the bungalow, on the other part of the site, my granddad, was night watchman, I spent a lot of my youth there, used to go round with him, through the labs and stuff, place used to really creep me out, as kids, we used to swim in the pool, at the grange. One thing that really does worry me, my granddad, was always bringing back poultry, for us to eat, stuff that was due to be incinerated, god knows what we were eating..

Little bit more info, on the grange here, just been chatting to my mum, apparently a lot of the Dr's / scientists, who were working there, a huge amount of them, got cancer, wonder what they were doing..

http://stives100yearsago.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/houghton-grange.html

Last edited:

HyPiX_UK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow, my grandparents used to live in the bungalow, on the other part of the site, my granddad, was night watchman, I spent a lot of my youth there, used to go round with him, through the labs and stuff, place used to really creep me out, as kids, we used to swim in the pool, at the grange. One thing that really does worry me, my granddad, was always bringing back poultry, for us to eat, stuff that was due to be incinerated, god knows what we were eating..

Little bit more info, on the grange here, just been chatting to my mum, apparently a lot of the Dr's / scientists, who were working there, a huge amount of them, got cancer, wonder what they were doing..

http://stives100yearsago.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/houghton-grange.html
has the place not been demolished yet

Mr D

28DL Member
28DL Member
Nope, still there, going to go and have a look, next week, mate drove past on Sat and said there were cars at the grange, but guess, that was probably security, there are some videos on You tube, one, where they actually went into the bungalow, that one was a bit freaky, seeing the home that your grandparents, really looked after, the carpet,the wallpaper, brought back, so many memories. Have pictures, from there.
I haven't really gone far, as I only live on the other side of the river now.. E mailed my mum about it last night, she just sent me this, bless her, some things have to come to an end mum, although, they should have just let them stay there. "I have looked at all the pictures and am horrified at the state that lovely place has been allowed to get into. The beautiful bungalow which they build for our family has also gone to ruin and covered with brambles." "My father worked in the LEU, which was Leucosis Experimental Unit."

Seems he wasn't just night watchman