Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - House on A3079 near Okehampton, Devon | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - House on A3079 near Okehampton, Devon

parki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been meaning to put this up for a while as I've just had absolutely no time to explore anywhere lately!

On the Holsworthy to Okehampton road - near Okehampton end, is a small, what I presume to be a farmhouse, I just wondered mostly if anyone had any info on it, whether it's owned by anyone or possible access. It's directly on a roundabout so it's fairly obvious in terms of location. It's also in close proximity to a hotel to my knowledge but that doesn't seem to be a problem in terms of access to the property itself. I'm not actually sure how long this one is going to be standing, I've not been past in a while but back in February it was starting to look a little past it - still might be some interesting stuff in there though!

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated though - I'm more interested in the history of this house than anything else, I presume it's just a farmhouse but I've always found the location a little odd and it's been seemingly empty for as long as I can remember. Still - if it is of any interest to anyone I'd be up for a look around if that's actually possible.

Have attached a link from Google, but I'm not great with my technology so you may have to look around a bit to find it! Shouldn't be too far off I'm hoping... Looks fairly well maintained from back in 2016 but like I said, seems to have gone downhill since and last time I went past it looked very overgrown and even more of a sorry state.

Cheers for reading, been wondering about this one for some time!

Yorrick

I call bullshit!
Regular User
I just wondered mostly if anyone had any info on it, whether it's owned by anyone
The building on the triangular plot is the Old School House, Fowley Cross.

The two single storey blocks at the front would have been separate entrances for boys and girls. The block at the back (not the sheds) was the school toilets.

It does look like it was used as a farm for quite a while but I can't find any info or dates.

In November last year West Devon Planning Dept granted a householder permission for an extension and creation of vehicle access.

parki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

The building on the triangular plot is the Old School House, Fowley Cross.

The two single storey blocks at the front would have been separate entrances for boys and girls. The block at the back (not the sheds) was the school toilets.

It does look like it was used as a farm for quite a while but I can't find any info or dates.

In November last year West Devon Planning Dept granted a householder permission for an extension and creation of vehicle access.
Ahh that's really interesting actually - wouldn't have guessed that it was formerly a school house! Thanks so much for that!