real time web analytics
Report - - Howe Barracks, Canterbury July 2017 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Howe Barracks, Canterbury July 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

KentBayBoy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
SDC10681.JPG
SDC10729.JPG
SDC10689.JPG
SDC10699.JPG
SDC10692.JPG
SDC10712.JPG
SDC10726.JPG
SDC10720.JPG
SDC10686.JPG
SDC10740.JPG
SDC10700.JPG
SDC10693.JPG
SDC10688.JPG
SDC10703.JPG
SDC10737.JPG
Initially constructed in circa 1930, as a replacement to the St Gregory’s Barracks, in Sturry, it became the new depot for the two battalions of the 3rd (East Kent) Regiment of Foot, and former home to Home Counties Brigade 1960. It has also served as the Regimental Headquarters for the Queen's Regiment in 1966, for the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment 1992, the Royal Regiment of Scotland (the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders) in 2003. The Barracks closed in February of 2015.

At time of taking these photos, there were some secca's on patrol.. yet is a large site for one guard!

Purchased by Taylor Wimpy, the site is currently being revolved.

mw0sec

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Particularly liked the first picture. Typical Naval architecture, with similarity to Priddy's Hard & Holton Heath.

KentBayBoy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Particularly liked the first picture. Typical Naval architecture, with similarity to Priddy's Hard & Holton Heath.
Thank you.. Nearly all the internal shots are from inside that main building. It was the most architectural pleasing.. (Just wished I had taken a few more.. Oh well, such is the nature of the beast!) One can see the main part from the road.

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
good effort and the first one to post this place, I wondered if anyone had paid it any attention, I only drove by recently to see half the site demolished which has happened fairly fast since complete closure. :thumb

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
Was planning to but live nearly two hours away, so wanted to make sure it is still there

Complete waste of your time IMO even before demo had started. Much better things to focus your attention on without a disappointed 2 hour drive.

KentBayBoy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes, I agree with Obscurity, would be a waste of time, as Is almost completely knocked down. As I mentioned in my report, there are scca's on patrol, all the time!..
Even the hole in the fence has been sealed!..

EpicSouo93

EpicSoup93
28DL Member
Is there's anywhere else like this that would be worth going as had a disappointing streak recently as you can see from my interest in this place lol