real time web analytics
Report - - Hubberston fort-26/1/11 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hubberston fort-26/1/11

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

justjay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fort Hubberstone, on the West side of Milford Haven,(probaly the ruffest part of wales) Pembrokeshire, was started in 1858 just before the Royal Commission on the Defence of the United Kingdom; it was completed in 1863. It is a large battery opposite Popton Fort, with eleven guns in casemates, eight in an open battery above, with another nine in an open flank battery, and a large barracks to the rear.

The fort was abandoned after WW1, but during WW2 was in use once again as an air raid shelter and army camp for American military personnel.

On a sad site, the fort has fallen into disrepair. The current owners had plans to restore the structure, but these have fallen through. Owned by Milford Haven Port Authority, the site is not currently open to the public ;)

(will be going back this weekend to do more of this place) :D

Didnt really stay long as i was walking around there was a woman putting Heroin in her arm and i didnt want to get aids.. she was so off it she was looking straigh through me :wanker..

Thumb635x353.jpg

(taken off google)

4802838430_81e76e09b3.jpg

eddies143.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

Not a fan of Graffiti but i really like this photo...

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

In the distance is sStack fort and Thorn island.. i plan on visiting these but with the LNG the way they are at the moment i will probaly get shot trying..either that or hit by the huge 15ft swell of the oil tankers...
but i got to try :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details