real time web analytics
Report - - Huge bunker complex | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Huge bunker complex

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D

docfunk

Finally after locating the position of an air vent and digging about 2 tones of soil I have gained access to this
scan-1.jpg
bunker I have only reached the top level as I did not take any absailing gear with me but tomorrow night I will see how far down I can get it is supposed to be totally intact apart from the gun:thumb ,pics to follow, and the location is secret... sorry guys.

D

docfunk

Well we accssed the lower bunkers, excuse the pic`s as I am not very good with camera`s

2006_0131camera10093.gif

just below ground level
2006_0131camera10013.jpg

big pile of dirt,it was much bigger when I started!
2006_0131camera10086.jpg

2006_0131camera10026.jpg

my mate coming down
2006_0131camera10091.jpg

2006_0131camera10021.jpg

2006_0131camera10035.jpg

2006_0131camera10082.jpg

staligmite
2006_0131camera10047.jpg

just to show how wide this room is
2006_0131camera10039.jpg

I will add more tomorrow night,there is lots of soil that has been dumped in all the access to the surface including the stairwells
to get to the levels above the one we were in this evening we need to ab down the sea cliff and crawl through the old sewer pipe so that will have to wate till day light.

A

a_bloke

And here is the plan that I found on the web and posted earlier - this time with the National Record Office reference number erased - and I added a misleading title to make it even more extra-top secret-secret.

bunkerplan2.jpg

L

Lord Snooty

Sorry to do this, but I don't like the way the secrecy thing is going.

Based on the number on the map I saved earlier, this is Roberts Battery @ Hartley (Tyneside).

Much closer to home than I thought, might take a look on Saturday.

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
WOW, and the record for the oldest thread to be bumped goes to . . . . .

Based on the fact that none of these people are members anymore, I doubt you're going to get a response.

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
Hi all, any updates on this site at all?
there have been various unsuccessful attempts since (none by me, it was somewhere on the list but never got round to it) Last I heard there were diggers on site and it wasnt looking good, though they could have been there for anything, best bet is to go and see!

Liarco2001

Teaching the boy to explore
28DL Full Member
Cool cheers for the replies. I did go down and have a bit of a wander about on the site but didn't find anything obvious to indicate there is any access and going down on the rocks to look at the cliffs for that exit was unsuccessful too. A few people have mentioned it to me lately and I'm just trying to find as much information as I can. I think the guy who posted this also put the same post on another website I looked on but the pictures had expired.
Still, there's always time for more research and wandering and I'm sure something will reveal itself in time

andyeuro

28DL Member
28DL Member
i have been down many times, the cliff entrance was blown up by the Army, so unless you want to dig tons and tons, the air shaft in the fields above sounds the best bet, i have tried unsuccessfully to locate the air-shaft. the fields are overgrown and now has Lamas grazing in them

Liarco2001

28DL Full Member
Yeah iv been in the top part but you can only get 2 floors down as its either all collapsed or been filled in. I took a video it's on YouTube called exploring Roberts battery

ol bailey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, I was in a very long time ago, got in via a cliff entrance. I was back this year because I wanted to show my son. The cliff entrance is no longer there and I searched the field also but couldn,t find any way in. I think all the entrances have now been closed due to the number of kids looking and telling locals what they were doing. I know there have been several search and rescue parties in the past, started by kids who have not reported back home on time.

Liarco2001

28DL Full Member
Yeah the cliff entrance has been blown with explosives to stop people getting in. I found a way in to the top of the complex via what must have been a maintenance entrance or boiler house as you can only go down one floor before crawling through a hole that must've been for pipes or similar. There are a couple of videos on YouTube that me and my son took whilst in there

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Yeah the cliff entrance has been blown with explosives to stop people getting in. I found a way in to the top of the complex via what must have been a maintenance entrance or boiler house as you can only go down one floor before crawling through a hole that must've been for pipes or similar. There are a couple of videos on YouTube that me and my son took whilst in there

maybe post the youtube links?

Who has read this thread (Total: 578) View details