real time web analytics
Report - - Hulme Flume - Dec 2014 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hulme Flume - Dec 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MJS

L.L.S.
28DL Full Member
Shouts to Concrete Jungle for this one. We mentioned meeting up and doing flume over a year ago. Only until recently we actually got our arses in gear to do it. First night planned... rain! Left it a few weeks and re-scheduled until rain... again!! Finally we managed to plan a night where the skies weren't shitting it down. I've wanted to see this place for many a year, I could have easily spent all night and the next morning down there.

It was bitterly cold on the evening - much warmer in the flume. On our way out, CJ popped the lid and I've never seen anything like it. Due to the difference in temperature, the lid created what was like a a smoke (or condensation) cannon shooting up from underground. Not the best thing when you're trying to keep yourself low key. It was like a vertical Stars in Their Eyes!! "Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be a drainer!" and out the fog we appeared. Needless to say, we were soon to scurry off after that. It isn't the most subtle of access points in the first place.

As I'm still rocking the trusty kit lens I only shot the main chamber and the main overflow tunnel. Although impressive, I couldn't compose a decent shot in the other chambers without a wider lens.

15956515235_2eaf5a6ddf_c.jpg

15769241260_07df2e062f_c.jpg

15954554791_0c5ec4b36a_c.jpg

15955867122_b9e8e73124_c.jpg

Good to meet you CJ - Thanks for putting up with my fannying around with lighting!​

concreteJungle

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great shots, it's difficult to get decent drain shots without a wangle but you've pulled it off! :roll eyes:

Nice to meet you too man!

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Ah the good old Flume, one of my all time favourites. The Rolls Royce of Manchester's drains! :)

Did you have a look at what was going on at the downstream end?