real time web analytics
Report - - Hulme hippodrome Manchester June 2016 | Theatres and Cinemas | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hulme hippodrome Manchester June 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
thought exploring was a pastime,
seems its a career for some.

well if you had of access the Futurist theatre, Liverpool
the phototographs would of been worth a fortune. ;)

Last edited:

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Do the maths, 12 quid a picture doesn't sound much but it's actually a fair bit of money once totted up. Not bad for the sake of an email or two fired off and as a bonus more people get to see the pictures. Its win win from where im sitting! Like i keep saying you started it with your unnecessary name calling and bitching. I was just answering the question so let's leave it at that!

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Read the comments back Adam. Until you told me to fuck off I didn't know it was you that sold them. I retaliated to being told to fuck off. They are the facts so let's leave it at that.

The Lone Shadow

Industrial Fanatic!
28DL Full Member
Thanks for all this. Just a question though. Where do people here draw line between appropriate and inappropriate? I have been contacted by the media a few times over using photos and I have declined every time as I see this is as a hobby and don't want to get wrapped up in money and politics. But lets just say I provided the media with photos of a place long demolished - I guess that would not cause any problems as it is long gone. But where is the line drawn between what is acceptable and not acceptable as the media will chase whatever they have an interest in. Just interested to know really...

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Well the way i see it if it's the kind of thing you would put in public on here then it's got to be ok otherwise we wouldn't put it public on here. If it was to be kept out of the public's gaze then posting it in full view online is just stupid. You can get into a deeper discussion over not selling photos of places that other people found without consulting them but it all gets a bit silly and nit picky if it's already out there. All i do is think about who will actually get pissed off if they see it in the paper and if it's just the usual illogical haters then it's all good. If it's one of my actual mates/exploring peers then im more careful to consult them first.

Obviously big no-nos are things we have in NP. Sensitive stuff like the Tube or live Power Stations and stuff you have been shown in confidence and maybe hasn't been posted up at all. I remember in the past someone getting shown a nice rooftop after a meet once. (Probably not even on the forum yet) Next week they had sold the photos to the Mail and everyone agreed they were idiots as not only were rooftops in London quite sensitive they were just a typical sponging urban photographer type who never found anything themselves and well just didnt deserve to be up there let alone try and take credit for it.

The Lone Shadow

Industrial Fanatic!
28DL Full Member
Okay, that is a fair point. But I've always wanted to know with NP and public; Who is it that says or decides what goes where? Also, lets just say you have a largely NP site that everybody here keeps secret. Then an explorer not related to this or any other site goes in there, photographs everything, sticks it all on FB and then sells to the papers... Does that then make said site public because somebody has released it via social media and the press?

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Okay, that is a fair point. But I've always wanted to know with NP and public; Who is it that says or decides what goes where? Also, lets just say you have a largely NP site that everybody here keeps secret. Then an explorer not related to this or any other site goes in there, photographs everything, sticks it all on FB and then sells to the papers... Does that then make said site public because somebody has released it via social media and the press?

Well it's really down to the person who first finds a place although there are some general consensus that have cropped up over the years that mean certain types of sensitive location are NP no matter what. It's generally good practice to listen to other people's views on things rather then just do whatever suits yourself, although the finder holds all the aces you do have a duty to the community not to be a dick. Dicks will be rooted out pretty quick!

So say for example i find a epic mill it's really my choice if i post it in NP or not. I found it, if i want to stick it all over facebook and what not then i have the ultimate power to do so. That doesn't mean to say it's right for me to do it. If it's a truly epic place or obviously at risk then it's obviously a cuntish thing to do, i'd expect people who can see the NP section to use it for those kind of places or to be booted out, why let them in to sponge if they wont return the favour. If something crops up that's a bit more boarder line then it's really just down to who finds it and their interpretation of the situation.

If a third party finds something then it may affect the decision but it doesn't make the decision. There obviously no point in keeping things quiet if every man and his dog knows about it but at the same time just because you can find photos of a place in public doesn't necessary mean you should be further exposing it. Again you should show a bit of respect to the person who put you onto it in the first place and the rest of the exploring world imo.

bignickb

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It was renovated in the early 90's back to it's former glory as the NIA centre! But somehow got forgotten again! Pigeons are the masters now!

UrbanNoodle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I really love how colourful this place looks! - I've not been, its not really something id go out out my way to see but I like seeing all the pretty colours :D

Mcload

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seeing its state just 5 years before my visit, the destruction which happened to it in the past couple of years is incredible.