real time web analytics
Report - - Hunting Jiggers: Stanley Dock Tobacco Warehouses revisited (Liverpool, Aug/Dec, 2018) | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hunting Jiggers: Stanley Dock Tobacco Warehouses revisited (Liverpool, Aug/Dec, 2018)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

8mm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Exellent report, collect your doctorate in jiggers and add some letters to your name!
In future years, historians will be thankful for your hard work in collecting these images no doubt.

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
In future years, historians will be thankful for your hard work in collecting these images no doubt.

I wonder if there is any record of the machinery in the other large converted warehouses (Wapping, Waterloo, East Float in Birkenhead) - all completely missed by explorers when derelict/unused, although maybe this was a bit before UE was a thing.

8mm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I wonder if there is any record of the machinery in the other large converted warehouses (Wapping, Waterloo, East Float in Birkenhead) - all completely missed by explorers when derelict/unused, although maybe this was a bit before UE was a thing.
I think there may well have been people that will have done just what you have, but being a previous generation were not of the kind to post stuff up as is the norm here. It's funny, but many older folks who were the urbexers of their generation don't consider themselves as such and may well frown upon the modern bunch. I think urbex is much maligned, wrongly so in many cases and should be recognized for it's worth. That said, there's plenty just out for the shits 'n giggles and don't contribute to future archives.
One can just hope that all those piles of images shot on 35mm etc somehow survive their creators and filter through to the public domain and not get binned.

Donnee

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm quite interested in all the warning signs on the wall, I've seen similar posters in many of your reports.
Made me realised that the workplace policies were made in such a simple and brutal way... also don't forget to use intimidating language

Nyrian

Banned
Banned
Just confirming, is everything in these photos now Demolished? There seems to be a trendy set of apartments and a 'titanic' hotel in that position now. It looks like they kept the three main turrets out front. But is that it?

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
None of the buildings have been demolished,
The northern warehouse was converted into the Titanic years ago, the southern warehouses are still being converted into apartments.
I don't know if any of the water powered machinery will be retained though.

Nyrian

Banned
Banned
None of the buildings have been demolished,
The northern warehouse was converted into the Titanic years ago, the southern warehouses are still being converted into apartments.
I don't know if any of the water powered machinery will be retained though.

From the look of the buildings on sattellite I thought they were new built to look similar (to match surrounding buildings still in place) not conversions. Good to hear though. They just tore down cowling mill here which was a total waste.

Who has read this thread (Total: 366) View details