real time web analytics
Report - - Hutton jet mines, May 2015 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hutton jet mines, May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kingryu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Beautiful shots! Lots of colour.

The place looks like a maze, was it hard to navigate? Or is there a map?

Mutagen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Chee
Beautiful shots! Lots of colour.

The place looks like a maze, was it hard to navigate? Or is there a map?
Cheers @kingryu . No maps as far as I'm aware: Gemini is really small and easy to navigate; Fat Man's Agony is bigger and more complex but good waymarking helped enormously.

pil3844

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey,
Can anyone advise on where to find these please?
I'm not really familiar with Guisborough but am nearby so quite easy to get up there to investigate. So any pointers or way markers could be greatly appreciated!

Woodcutter

28DL Member
28DL Member
Not really: Gemini has been known about for ages but I've never explored it before. There are LOADS of other mines hidden away deep in the forest but some of the entrances look proper lethal and for braver folk than me.

Is the gemini mine entrance up on the hill to the left when you come to the top of the forest road at the end of Hutton village ? If so there used to be 3 entrances to it in the 1970’s we (the village kids) used to play in them all the time. We liked the 3 mines because if one tunnel collapsed, there were another 2 ways out. Other than that our risk assessments were a bit limited, although we usually left one kid outside so that if there was a collapse they could go for help !!