real time web analytics
Report - - Hydraulic Pumping Station, East Float, Birkenhead, August 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hydraulic Pumping Station, East Float, Birkenhead, August 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AlphaBravo

28DL Member
28DL Member
Firstly, as my first report I will apologise if I have made any minor errors. I look forward to these errors being pointed out and I look forward to learning the errors of my ways.

I am also aware that this has been reported on many times but I am in need of a few new member reports under my belt and therefore 'needs must'.

I visited this site with established member Degenatron and with Transcentral. I have been on UE's with Xan_Asmodi too. All of which I would hope to vouch for me as a genuine UE'er with a passion for places unknown.

I believe this to be built back in 1862 and it's construction was for the purpose of pumping water in and out of the East and West Float docks in Birkenhead.

The building has been derelict for many years and currently forms part of the hugely anticipated Peel Holdings Wirral Waters Scheme. I am privilege to much more information on this scheme but I am also bound by client confidentiality and as such it would be unwise of me to post anything further.

I must apologise in advance for the picture quality, I'm no David Bailey and I'm well known for neglecting to charge my camera. As such, these pictures are snapped on my phone.

Target acquired...

IMG_2206.jpg

I was made up to see that access was available, I have no doubt that it'll be on lock down very shortly.

For me, the love of Urban Exploration is seeing places that normal people just do not get to enjoy. I felt a sense of peace, especially standing at the top of the tower looking out over Liverpool and the Birkenhead Docks.

First, the interior pictures;

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

It just seemed serene, unspoiled and relaxing.

Pictures looking out from the tower were equally as interesting;

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

I loved being there as the sun was going down.

After I climbed out, the sun was almost down and I took a couple more;

View attachment 377736
IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

View attachment 377757
View attachment 377762
IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

I very much look forward to being a part of this brilliant forum and welcome any input you may have.

I'm not au faix with pictures and sizes etc, so please go easy on me.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: