real time web analytics
I got saved by the Coastguard after Portland Urbex went wrong! | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

I got saved by the Coastguard after Portland Urbex went wrong!

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Aquamarine

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello.

The day before yesterday we attempted to go to East Weares Rifle Range in Portland, Dorset, of what should be a relatively easy explore. We ended up being saved the Coastguard and three search parties, as we couldn't find a way back in the summer night. I'm a fellow newbie (only 5 explores under my belt) but I must warn do pack properly. Read if you want to laugh my blog on how not to Urban Explore:

https://deviljournal.wordpress.com/2016/07/22/urban-exploring-goes-wrong/

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Well, you have some balls posting that up, fair play!

Sometimes hindsight is a wonderful thing, and biting off more than you can chew in them circumstances could have ended up much worse, remember, failing to prepare is preparing to fail

Stay safe :thumb

Nickindroy

A Porky Prime Cut
Regular User
failing to prepare is preparing to fail

Spot on advice. :thumb

09IjnkA.jpg

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
After reading your story mate, I really am not sure if it is an exercise in creative writing or a true story because I got so totally lost in the over descriptive content that I couldn't make head or tail of it in the end and glazed over.

Thumper

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh dear!

I've received worse injuries from playing with my cat.

The video's I suppose help to prove the report was correct in places but it really is an over the top dramatisation, I felt like I should be reading it in a Michael Burk voice, remember that TV series 999? And so.... on this day, tragedy struck a group of morons.

Perhaps go for a nice sensible walk on a nice safe surface like the streets of London in some Sports Direct trainers and raise some money for the Coastguard for your next 'adventure'.

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
I only skim read it (the excessive use of unnecessary words was doing my head in), but it looks like you got a scratch, and it got dark making scrambling too dangerous to carry on. Why not just wait until it was light again?