Web
Analytics
Ice Climbing Helmet with LED's ??? | Urban Community Portal | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Ice Climbing Helmet with LED's ???

cieranc

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm looking for (and sure I've seen somewhere) an ice climbing helmet with visor AND built in head-torch. Or did I just dream it?

I know of a few helmets with visors, Petzl Elios, Grivel Salamander etc.. but I'm sure I've seen one somewhere with the torch built in as well.

Usually, our works helmets have huge chunky visors which get in the way, and head torches fitted to them rarely stay put. There are custom designed helmets for our trade, but they're about £200 each.

Any ideas?

D

detritus21

Personally I'd go with a Petzl Elios Vizion with a seperate head torch. That way you have the best of both worlds of a helmet and a head torch you can use elsewhere.

I don't ice climb but for my tree work and confined spaces stuff I use a vertex vent with a separate headtorch. The clips that hold the torch in work really well.

cieranc

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don't ice climb either, it's for work. It has to have a visor and we use head torches, but they don't tend to stay still. The ones we're provided with at work are Gallet helmets, like firemans ones. Trouble is they're just too bulky, the visors are too long and tend to steam up and they're awkward working in tight spaces (under artics).
It would also be handy having some vents in it.

Petzl Elios Vision it may have to be. I'm sure I've seen one somewhere with built in headlamps though!

I wouldn't get a Salamander unless the writing on them peels off.

D

detritus21

The petzl vertex vent can be fitted with all manner of vizors and ear defenders. I use mine with a mesh visor for tree work and then use it at the weekend with a headtorch. That helmet has been in many underground places and the head torch fixing is spot on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SAt Urban Community Portal 2
D Urban Community Portal 21